The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
KYTiger

Release of lease option

Is there a document where I can release my interest in the sandwich lease back to the seller? So that, I am out of the deal. Also, the setup is between the seller and tenant/buyer.

Thanks,

David

Guest Diver

Tiger, There is a Release of Option form in the pinned thread up above. Read it please. Diver

If you are in the middle already just do an assignment of contract back to the seller. If you have not completed your lease option agreement then a mutual standard of release will do.

Tiger, There is a Release of Option form in the pinned thread up above. Read it please. Diver

I thought that release of option was for pure option situations. So, I assume that I can use this to release me from the sandwich lease as well.

David

MY Bad.

I saw where they talked about the cancellation agreement in the lease option. So, Is it best for the closing attorney to write the cancellation agreement or can I?

David

Play if safe this first time and explain to your attorney what you are doing. Have him prepare the necessary doc. From then on it's your's to use in similar situations. Better to pay a little now rather than a lot later.