The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
GetSmart

Starting a New Marketing Strategy that I want to Kick Off

I want to try to methods and compare which should be added to the marketing tool kit or scratched off the list completely. Good Ole telephone sales when people used to call sellers up on the phone and speak directly with them vs the New Voice Blasting approach. The old way is tried and proven but the voice blast system is different.

I plan on compiling a list of sellers and landlords mixed up into two piles, one for telephone sales and the other one for the voice blast system. It's going to be fun to see which has a better response with the best conversion. After reading a few post, I believe the voice blast system might win over the old telephone sales approach.

The telephone approach is simply going to be salesmanship through the use of a free style script, basically getting them to talk about the house and everything I want to know while I determine if they are motivated.

The voice blast script will be "Hi, I am calling about the house you're selling to let you know that I am an investor looking to purchase a few houses this month tp add to our investment portfolio if you are interested give me a call at 888-219-8619.

I will kick off this plan saturday any advice on changing the voice blast script up will be great.

Old school vs hi-tech. Should be interesting.

Stick with your original idea for now and track the results. That's the only way to judge the effectiveness of any marketing campaign.

Here's a little update on the marketing plan that I talked about in this thread. My jv assistant, she has made 24 calls so far, I know that's not a lot but I can't blame her. Anyway, 6 people wanted to know what we were proposing, so first mistake was not to brief her in we couldn't use her to full capacity, only 1 person may be interested, which is good considering that is what I was thinking anyway. The goal is to generate 5-6 possible deals out of 70 leads, whether deals come now or a year from now.

I haven't implemented the voice blast because, I want to let my assistant finish the rest of the calls before we go full speed with it, or the manual calls. Right now we are analyzing how the calls are going so we can make each more effective and to make the voice blast more effective. As soon as, she finishes the calls or has met the milestone then I will kick in the voice blast. This method is something new we want to try to see if it is really worth the effort.

As said, I will keep you posted on the results as we get closer to finishing the list of sellers we are calling.

Here's a little update on the marketing plan that I talked about in this thread. My jv assistant, she has made 24 calls so far, I know that's not a lot but I can't blame her. Anyway, 6 people wanted to know what we were proposing, so first mistake was not to brief her in we couldn't use her to full capacity, only 1 person may be interested, which is good considering that is what I was thinking anyway. The goal is to generate 5-6 possible deals out of 70 leads, whether deals come now or a year from now.

I haven't implemented the voice blast because, I want to let my assistant finish the rest of the calls before we go full speed with it, or the manual calls. Right now we are analyzing how the calls are going so we can make each more effective and to make the voice blast more effective. As soon as, she finishes the calls or has met the milestone then I will kick in the voice blast. This method is something new we want to try to see if it is really worth the effort.

As said, I will keep you posted on the results as we get closer to finishing the list of sellers we are calling.

Ok, I'm a little confused on the voice blast approach can you guys fill me in on what it is??

Ok, I'm a little confused on the voice blast approach can you guys fill me in on what it is??

Same here. I have no idea what a voice blast is. It sounds like those robo-calls I hang up on several times a week.

It is a robo call. I use to use two companies. One is from IBUZZ and the other is voice shot. I don't do the calls anymore as I decided that It was not worth the headaches. I will blast my buyers list.

I don't do the calls anymore as I decided that It was not worth the headaches. I will blast my buyers list.

What headaches do you mean? I've never done this type of marketing, mostly because I doubt it would work. I get these recorded calls all the time from politicians, charities, advocacy groups, banks, mortgage refinance companies, etc. I never listen longer than a few seconds.

For those who have or still use this technique, what do you have the message say? What sort of response do you get?

Thanks for sharing that article, Lynn. But I wonder if a robocall to buy someone's house would fall under this new law? And I also noticed that the politicians who passed this law also exempted politician's robocalls from the law. :blink:

And I also noticed that the politicians who passed this law also exempted politician's robocalls from the law. :blink:

With all those exemptions, who does this law actually affect?!? :blink:

Thanks for sharing that article, Lynn. But I wonder if a robocall to buy someone's house would fall under this new law? And I also noticed that the politicians who passed this law also exempted politician's robocalls from the law. :blink:

Michael -

I asked my attorney this same question :-) I've shared in a similar post that I use voiceblasts to call "for rent" ads. I may do this a bit differently than some folks do though, since I program my campaign to only leave a message if an answering machine picks up. My message simply says that if the property is still available and the owner is interested in selling with a lease option instead of just renting to please give me a call back. I get SEVERAL returned calls. My attorney said that since these folks are running an ad in the paper (with their number) and my call is specifically about the rental property that they are advertising then he is most certain that the law would NOT apply. He went on to say that if I simply took numbers from a phone book (or from a purchased list) with no way of knowing if the individuals wanted to sell or rent property THAT may well be a violation of the new law.

Looks like it boils down to whether you are calling folks who have "raised their hand" that they have a property for sale or rent or truly "cold calling."

regards,

Bill

Guest jvmccall

I might also add that your message for when someone answers the phone (which is really only 25% of the time) could be "Oops, sorry, wrong number". Or have a little fun with it: "Hello? Hello? HELLO!!!!????? Damn AT&T!"