The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Andrew Ikeda

Forced into re investing!

Greetings Everyone,

Boy, I've got some things to share with you!

I've been working as a life and health insurance agent now for 2 weeks and absolutely hate it. Not only that, but this week I didn't make any money.

The encouraging part is that there are a lot of motivated sellers out there so now I'm forced to take it more seriously if I want to get out of the insurance business.

Another good thing is after spending 6 hours on the phone and doing cold calling, I'm very comfortable to send emails and make phone calls to sellers.

Folks, if I can do this, anyone can. I was having the most hang-ups of the seven people in my training group and I almost threw in the towel after 2 hours of phone time.

A short while ago I went to the shed and found the tote with MC's manual in it and I'm reading it now. Great stuff folks. Get it, read it, learn it, and then do it.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew. I hope your 4th was a fun one, and that your holiday weekend continues on.

If you can handle insurance sales, then real estate investing has got to be a breeze. I can't imagine a more difficult training ground than cold calling folks and trying to sell them insurance. Good luck with that, and keep your eye on your goals.

Hi Michael,

Selling insurance is a tough biz and doing it by phone is extremely challenging but I'm doing my best to hang in there and just do it. Yeah, I really hate it but the experience is good. I'm over the rejection part having spent over 40 hours dialing for dollars over the past 2 weeks and getting hung up on, cursed, harrassed and so forth.

Absolutely - applying phone techniques will be a cinch with rei compared to insurance. I'm planning to continue with the insurance job until I get at least 3 l/o or CAs going. I've got some interest and already working with 3 sellers, 2 who are motivated.

Thanks and all the best,

Andrew