The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
The Real Deal

Craigslist Problem

Has anybody had this problem after sending out emails to FRBO'S on craigslist. Have you found a way to get around it? "We've received too many mails from xxxxx@gmail.com in a short time span. Sorry, but no messages from xxxxx@gmail.com will be relayed for 24 hours."

This has happened to me on occasion, and a few others have posted about their similar experiences. I can't figure out when it will kick in, but it does every so often. The only way I know around it is to post from several different email accounts. How many emails did you send out before being sent to your room for a time out?

Guest Diver

I agree with Michael and I'll add something that may or may not apply here. Of all the replys I get for my properties, the spam ones, all come from gmail acccounts. Diver

The only way I know around it is to post from several different email accounts. How many emails did you send out before being sent to your room for a time out?

I am not sure on how many emails I sent out, probably over 100. ^_^

Of all the replys I get for my properties, the spam ones, all come from gmail acccounts. Diver

yeah I have noticed a lot of spam does come from gmail accounts. :ninja:

One hundred emails in one sitting? That's a good bunch, and enough to make Craig's List watchdogs take notice.

One hundred emails in one sitting? That's a good bunch, and enough to make Craig's List watchdogs take notice.

I compiled the list over a two day period, I think my mistake was sending them all off in one email. In the future I will use two or three different email accounts.

Guest Diver

WOW I usually limit it t0 5 or 6. Another thing I do is to use 2 different accounts so I can re-post every day. That way my homes are always right up front. Diver

Has anybody had this problem after sending out emails to FRBO'S on craigslist. Have you found a way to get around it? "We've received too many mails from xxxxx@gmail.com in a short time span. Sorry, but no messages from xxxxx@gmail.com will be relayed for 24 hours."

You need to set of software one is an e-mail extract to get your e-mails leads from craigslist and then you need the mailer to send up to 5000 e-mail without getting caught you can get the extractor here www.the-email-sniper.com plus a whole bunch of free craigslist stuff that they give you....

I am not sure on how many emails I sent out, probably over 100. :wacko:

Probably ~90 of those will have been sent to the bit bucket. I avoid sending more than 20 emails per day to CL.