The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
TAT

Voicemail Script

I am curious as to what you guys have on your voicemail when TB call in. Anyone want to share verbatim?

Thanks,

TAT

I don't have any script, per se. Just a generic message to leave your contact info and I'll return the call. The live version of me is much more an effective medium than a canned version.

The live version of me is much more an effective medium than a canned version.

Same here. Don't say too much in your outgoing message - it's not your message that's going to get the deals. Be sure you sound professional, but personable. Don't read a script because it will come across in your voice. Also, don't just wing it. Have a plan of what you want to say, rehearse it, then record it. If you're not happy, just try again.

An appropriate outgoing message should include your name, your company name (if applicable), an "I'm not available" or "I'm with a client" or something similar, and a request for name and contact information. I also ask for a brief description of why the person called. Most importantly, respond to all voicemails within 24 hours! Don't lose a deal trying to look important or busy. If I get a voicemail, I try to respond within the hour while I'm still fresh in the person's mind.