The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Email Marketing/Craigslist

Who has been successful lately using Craigslist to obtain CA or Sandwich deals?

My email marketing has been pretty much a flop for the last few months.

Voice blasting seems to make more people mad than its worth.

Guest Diver

I've booked 3 deals in the past 2 months, but sad to say I have yet to find a good T/B. All from craigslist. Diver

My email marketing has been pretty much a flop for the last few months.

Voice blasting seems to make more people mad than its worth.

same here. Dont feel bad.

Rex, I use Craig's List as my main source for both finding and liquidating deals. I would have to say the only thing consistent is the inconsistency. Sometimes the response is very good. Other times I'm as lonely as the Maytag repairman. In between, I get my share of kooks, crackpots, insane homeowners, and tenant/buyers who want to live in an estate on the beach for $300/month.

My response for buyers has always been average. It is the sellers that have seem to fall off the face of the earth. I look at our local paper and the ads are vanishing. It seems it has the swine flu.

Maybe your market is changing back to the way things used to be where tenant/buyers are a dime a dozen and sellers are fewer and far between . . . but then again maybe not.

Really, I've had a good spring and a drought this summer. Looking for an up swing in business now that school starts soon and people stop vacationing as much.

I'm still working on getting my first CA but haven't been able to get a seller yet. Just starting my 4th week of consistent marketing on CL. Spoke to a few people but no bites. The sellers seem to be hard to come by so far. I will be venturing out of my area this week on CL to see if there are greener pastures in other parts of So Cal.

I've noticed the same thing and I'm sure is because of all the spams / scams going around.

I think CL is blocking emails randomly, the reason I say this is because I've had prospect t/b call me and ask me why I never replied to their emails from my CL ad which I never got, I get lots of T/B telling me the same thing.. hmmmm :angry:

Anyway, sending email is getting old anyway and it got me bored LOL

Last night I tried something new (as always), and created a website specifically for prospect FSBO / FRBO to add their home information on my form for me to do the CA and ironically I've gotten one FSBO and one FRBO so far in only one day of promoting my site.

It feels better when the homeowners asks me if their property qualifies for the Rent To Own I offer :blush:

BEV!

I've been trying CL lately to post some deals but I'm just getting spammers emails.

Tried zillow.com to and emailed FSBO's and get a few responses but not many.

Found one motivated seller on www.PropertyLeadsNow.com but it is monthly subscription site. They give you a 7 day free trial with $100 worth of leads. This guy was a $5 lead. The cost per lead depends on how old it is.

Andrew

In my opinion, paying for leads is a total waste of money. I suspect those leads are culled off the internet and then repackaged for sale.

Andrew,

I hope the pay site works for you. In the past I have never had much luck for pay leads.

Hi Jonathan,

I unsubscribed after 3 days and used up my $100 worth of free leads. As mentioned, I did get one lead and if all goes well this week, we should be getting this under a l/o contract. I'm thinking of doing this again. It's $49.95 for the cheapest and they give you $100 worth of leads. After that you gotta pay for the extras but it might be worth the while. There are a lot of motivated sellers on there. In any case, I'll keep everyone here posted if and when I decide to move forward with this and the results.

All the best,

Andrew