The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
skalember

Current marketing strategies

Looking to get ideas from the pros on what seems to be working best for you right now as far as landing sellers. E-mail? Cold calls? Ads? I seem to run into a lot of people either upside down on their mortgages, holding until the market turns, or need to cash out now. The majority of my efforts have been contacting FSBO's or FRBO's from Craigslist.

Steve, you know from our conversations I'm an advocate of email marketing these days. It's fast, it's free, and it's easy. I think Bev pretty much follows the same philosophy. Running into homeowners who are upside down has nothing to do with your marketing, but is a sign of the economic times we reside in.

That said, there are other ways to market, depending upon your budget and personal preferences. Bandit signs, postcard campaigns, flyers, newspaper ads, networking, billboards, magnetic signs on cars, etc. You're limited only by your budget and your imagination.

Hello there! B)

Yes, I agree with you Steve. email marketing is a good marketing strategy because its free. Cold calls are also good because you might get responses immediately. With ads, whether you get leads or not you have to pay for it.

I'm sending out emails to Craig's List FSBO and FRBO listings. I'm getting a few people who will respond with an interest, but I do not hear from them after sending MC's #2 email.

Is this normal?

What are others doing to help increase the number of owners they talk to?

Lynn (FL)

Lynn, it's not at all unusual that the response rate to the second email falls off noticeably. In fact, it's designed to do just that. I don't want to be wasting time on the phone with homeowners who aren't going to do business with me. So the fact that they don't respond to that second email tells me it's working according to plan. They aren't interested, therefore you're not wasting time on the phone with them. Suffice it to say, you will receive responses to that second email, and that's the homeowner you want to speak with.

Michael,

I know you and I have talked about this, but I was wondering if the same thing was happening to anyone else.

Lynn (FL)

I know you and I have talked about this, but I was wondering if the same thing was happening to anyone else.

It's my experience too. The second email scares them off.

It's my experience too. The second email scares them off.

Marketing is not an exact science. If you're finding the two emails isn't working for you, why not pick up the phone after the homeowner responds to the first email and see what happens?

"To send or not to send." I guess that's the real question.

If you send the second email, yes, you will weed out the sorta-interested people better. When you get a response from the second email, you know someone is very interested.

If you don't send the second email, and call them after their first response, you may have to do more educating.

So the decision is based on if you'd rather have a few really good calls, or alot that you have to spin your wheels by calling them back.

Lynn (FL)

"To send or not to send." I guess that's the real question.

If you send the second email, yes, you will weed out the sorta-interested people better. When you get a response from the second email, you know someone is very interested.

If you don't send the second email, and call them after their first response, you may have to do more educating.

So the decision is based on if you'd rather have a few really good calls, or alot that you have to spin your wheels by calling them back.

Lynn (FL)

you got it sister! :ninja:

Dion,

I realize the name may throw you off, but I'm a "brother". LOL

(Mr.) Lynn (FL)

;):lol: . . . :ninja: sorry couldn't help it.

Dion,

I realize the name may throw you off, but I'm a "brother". LOL

(Mr.) Lynn (FL)

;):lol: . . . :ninja: sorry couldn't help it.

Steve, get a life. :P And return your voicemails, I called you last week.