The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

I think I'm going to ditch email marketing

I'm 95% sure my emails are being blocked on at least 2 FSBO sites and Kijiji. And even if they aren't, I'm really starting to take a dislike to the fact that there's no way to know whether my message even got through to its intended audience.

It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth similar to voice blasting and even direct mail. I always find myself going back and comparing everything to the plain simple old calling on ads, and whenever I pursue other marketing methods I get the feeling I'm leaving a ton of business on the table just because the medium itself is so much easier for a seller to dismiss than a live person on the phone. Or maybe I just prefer the tactile sensation of a verbal slap over the bitter feeling of being ignored ^_^

Doug lately I've been feeling the same towards my failed marketing. Hell, I put out a batch of signs this week didn't get not one call. I think the best way to keep going at this is to look at all the past deals that have put bread in your pocket and think about those. I've blasted numbers of emails and gotten "0" replies back. And have done voice blast with the same. Im Glad your back and sharing your concerns ^_^

Right...^_^ It doesn't say "Resident Curmudgeon" under my name for nothing!
:P

Doug, why do you think your emails aren't getting through? I would think if the websites you are hitting up are blocking you, you would have received some sort of email from the site's administrator.

It's leaving a bad taste in my mouth similar to voice blasting and even direct mail. I always find myself going back and comparing everything to the plain simple old calling on ads, and whenever I pursue other marketing methods I get the feeling I'm leaving a ton of business on the table just because the medium itself is so much easier for a seller to dismiss than a live person on the phone. Or maybe I just prefer the tactile sensation of a verbal slap over the bitter feeling of being ignored ;)

Well, there is something to be said about the immediacy of being told to eff off.

Doug, why do you think your emails aren't getting through? I would think if the websites you are hitting up are blocking you, you would have received some sort of email from the site's administrator.

Well, mainly because I get no response whereas before I did. If they aren't being blocked then I guess sellers have just got wise to me ^_^

Well, there is something to be said about the immediacy of being told to eff off.

Hmmm, come to think of it, I haven't been sworn at on the phone--yet!

Hmmm, come to think of it, I haven't been sworn at on the phone--yet!

Just dial a number with a Miami or Fort Lauderdale area code. ^_^

You probably not getting responses because the sellers aren't interested. Just keep marketing you are bound to hit at least 1.

Of course you can combine direct marketing with internet marketing to increase your chances.

YES...YES...YES!!!!

I'm finally ahead of Doug Pretorius in a L/O category!!! ^_^

Spoke with a gentleman (i use that term very loosely) this morning, who, within 15 seconds told me.... "F you". The takeaway was that I laughed my butt off for a good 10 mintues before I could make another call.

Darin "Spreadin' the Love From Sea to Shining Sea" Ray

Darin "Spreadin' the Love From Sea to Shining Sea" Ray
^_^ I don't have it pinned down yet, but I sense a merger between your company motto and Doug's Resident Curmudgeon label.

Guest herbster

Doug, You're back but I guess you know that. Stupid thought maybe but can't you just open another account with Kijiji?

Heck I have 3 for craigslist. Herbster

I always found craigslist to work best...

Same with voiceblast and simple postcards...

I carry a camera all the time. When I am out driving I am taking notes on properties. I take a picture of the home. Write my message and send it out. I will get a call most of the time. Which opens a great dialogue.

Doug-

BEV! is using texting with a follow up phone call to market for sellers. She has a resent post about it. I would do it but I can't read the those small letters on the phone. <_<