The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

I think I'm going to ditch email marketing

Doug-

BEV! is using texting with a follow up phone call to market for sellers. She has a resent post about it. I would do it but I can't read the those small letters on the phone. :unsure:

Stevie, I don't use my phone to text at all OMG (YIKES)!! :o

I use the "FREE" unlimited texting service online to any cell phone, anywhere, any time. Is FREE to send and Receive <_<

BEV!

That's cool, so if you're at a hot spot you can send as many texts as you want from your phone for free? But you have to do it online not through the regular texting feature on your phone.

Stevie, I don't use my phone to text at all OMG (YIKES)!! :unsure:
Yeh, I guess that would be a lot of thumb work... <_<

I use the "FREE" unlimited texting service online to any cell phone, anywhere, any time. Is FREE to send and Receive
So, if you us a service, how do you target your sellers? Do you provide the phone numbers and have the service do their work?

...So, if you us a service, how do you target your sellers? Do you provide the phone numbers and have the service do their work?
NO, not at all. The service I use is the one I introduced to all of you on the board last year that I've been using for several yrs now.. is Called Grand Central but is been bought out by GoogleVoice.. They provide this FREE texting service directly from your computer using your keyboard not using your cell number at all.. Your cell number never shows on ANY texting whatsoever!

How do I get the phone numbers to text? I get them from Craigslist. Any REAL motivated homeowner wanting to sell / rent their house will provide their cell phone on their ads (not their home ph). So I text those whether they get my texts or not is good either way as I use it mainly as an icebreaker so they know I'm a real LOCAL human being interested in their house (not some scam bot from out of state or international hiding behind an email address).

I am however, working on a system where I can text my e-bizcard / flyer to local homeowners for them to keep in case they should need it in the future.

(TV is a good example of this type of marketing, we pay for cable to watch tv but we always watch the commercials that comes with it.. no choice :unsure: )

Some wireless companies have already allowed this, others will follow as I type this.

Doug:

That's cool, so if you're at a hot spot you can send as many texts as you want from your phone for free? But you have to do it online not through the regular texting feature on your phone.
Read the above <_<

BEV!

What is also neat about Google Voice is that if you have a Black Berry then you can download the feature to use on your Blackberry. I have been using Google Voice/ Grand Central for a couple years, before they put a block on tele numbers.

Damn! All you techies are putting me to shame. It takes me longer to set up a recording on my Tivo than to watch the actual show. <_<

Just a little update. I've confirmed that my email is indeed blocked on kijiji. I can email my own ad from another account but not the email I signed up with lol, weird :)