The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jcjohnson7

New guy here

Hello everyone. Just wanted to make a new post to introduce myself and warn you folks that I'll probably be asking a lot of questions around here. :unsure: I ordered MC's course about a month ago and have read it twice and have followed along here on the forum soaking up as much as I can recently. I'm from the great state of Tennessee, so if there is anyone out there who is also from the Volunteer State; is there anything wacky I should know about TN laws before getting started? Just so you guys know, I seem to be very much an analyzer by nature these days (college and careers ruined me <_< ) so I usually want my ducks to be lined up in a perfectly linear arrangement with no chance of one getting out of line before I make a decision and act on it. I need to re-train my brain to remember how to ready, fire, aim so I may need a kick in the butt here and there but I am dying to get started doing something. My plan at the moment is to (like many of you) focus on Cooperative Assignments since they seem a little less "involved" than a sandwich lease and because I have the energy and attention span of a three-year-old. This forum seems to have a lot of support so I'm looking forward to talking more with you guys.

Josh

P.S. Michael, great course my man--straight and to the point. I like it.

Hello, Josh, and welcome aboard! And thanks for the kind words regarding the manual. <_<

Tennessee? Rolling hills, Dolly Parton, great BBQ. You're living large, my friend. :unsure:

No surprise here, but I agree that getting started with CA's is the easiest approach to take. That said, don't analyze this business or any potential deal to death. You'll soon find yourself at the starting line six months from now, wondering why you haven't made any progress.

Start contacting sellers, come back here with your questions, and make offers. The deals will fall.

Welcome Josh! I'm from east TN, not far from Bristol Motor Speedway and the "home" of country music. Go VOLS! <_<

regards,

Bill

Hi Josh, you found a great place here to get your ducks in a row!

Also, I spent some time this summer at Douglas Lake in east TN. Great place!

Guest jvmccall

Welcome, JC Johnson! Ask all the questions you want. This is a great place to hang out and learn some things.

Joe