The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
iggy407

a quick question...

I have sent a few emails to sellers on craiglist about doing CA's , but I am also working on my website at the same time and I don't know in which direction I should go about to entice sellers on my website... Like should I say something like - I'm an investor and I look for buyer's for your house and collect a fee in the process- or should I play it more conservative and say that - I'm an investor who is looking to buy nice homes -. I just don't want to seem as if i'm brokering or performing any type of real estate agent service...

iggy, why are you quickly sending homeowners to your website? If they are responding your initial email, I think a better approach at that point would be to provide some personal service and deal directly with them. Your website isn't going to get them to sign on, but you can.

Guest jvmccall

That's right. A website is helpful, but try to get them on the phone as quickly as possible. I only direct people to my website after talking to them on the phone. And even then, I make it sound like they can go to my website to find out more about us and then "apply" for our program. Yes, I make sellers feel like they have to submit an application on-line for us to help them, "as we can't help everyone and we are very selective on who we help. So go to our website, read about what we do, and fill out the form on XYZ page. We will get back to you after we review your information and if we feel like we can help you."

I just started doing this, so I will keep you all updated on how it goes. I am trying to create a sense of scarcity, where they are chasing me - begging me for my help - not me chasing them. I have been frustrated with trying to get sellers to fill out my PDF's on-line and faxing them back to me. They always say they will, but I need to call them 2-3 times to remind them. I am changing my tactic now & making them come after me more. I am trying to make them feel that they have to be "accepted" into my program. It's reverse psychology and works all the time with REI gurus and their coaching programs.

Does that make sense?