The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
timmym22

Marketing properties after you get them under contract

Hey everyone,

I am flat out frustrated with craigslist. I have about 10 different email accounts set up with them. I use a blackberry and tether it to my laptop, everytime i connect it has a different IP address. But still the craigslist police gets me. They delete my ads, therefore no traffic to my website, therefore no calls.

What do you guys do about this? Obviously we want to get our ads at the top as much as possible. This requires me to post about 4 times a day. how do you do this on craigslist without getting ads deleted?

Also, what other websites are you posting to?

when posting ads, are you just writing about the details of the house, posting some pictures and telling them to call you or reply back to you. OR are you posting, writing some generic info then putting a link to your website on the ad?

I do not use Craigslist to sell any of my properties.

There's just too much spam from Nigerians (that can't spell for crap) and those trying to get

me to "seek financial help" and "employment opportunities". <_<

If I'm using online methods, I use Postlets and my local

town directory site. Both are free.

I also use directionals, yard signs, and newspaper ads.

I highly recommend YOUTUBE.

Place all the pictures of your house on a video with your contact information and everything and upload it to Youtube.

Google picks up YOUTUBE first on most searches made because Google owns YOUTUBE.

But the magic is in what you write in the "Title" of the Youtube. (example: Rent To Own Home In Neverland, CA) etc.

Is very crucial to put a very specific title so Google picks it up instantly.

I uploaded a video of a house few weeks ago and 10 minutes later, someone called me about it... D A I N G! That was fast! :o

I asked the lady who called me to tell me where she saw my ad and she said she didn't know, all she knew was that she did a search on google and my link was the first one on the page results so she clicked and she saw my video but she said she has never seen videos online before so she was thrilled and excited :lol:

BEV!

If you're posting four times a day to Craig's List, it's no wonder your ads are being deleted. Too much, Timmy. The filters are going to kick in, as they have been doing.

Like Jason said, use Postlets. You can also try backpage.com and kijiji.com for you online advertising.

Like Doug said, be sure to have a yard sign on the property. And add directional signs throughout the area.

I would also suggest, although it's a little old-school, going door to door in the neighborhood and introducing yourself. Let the neighbors know that the property is available and give them some basic information. If you make up some flyers to pass out, even better. If they're living in that area, chances are they can market the property for you through word-of-mouth. They're not going to buy the home, but they may know someone who is looking, or they may be interested in selling with you. The more people you have spreading the word the better. I've done this with two properties and I've received dozens of leads just talking to people.

Well then, i guess i need to use postlets. Where exactly does that post to? does it post to craigslist automatically? i have used backpage and kijiji and have never received any response.

When you make your postlets ad, it will upload it to the following sites:

• craigslist
    Facebook
    Frontdoor
    Google Base
    HotPads
    MySpace
    Oodle
    Twitter
    Backpage
    ByOwnerMLS
    DotHomes
    Enormo
    Local.com
    Lycos
    Trulia (by agent only)
    Vast
    Zillow (by agent only)

It also creates the ad code for you to copy and paste onto your Craigslist ad.

This makes your posting look better and not appear spammy and bland.

I will admit, I have used this previously. So if I'm going to post on CL, I will only use

the ready-made code, and not some basic posting.

I would also suggest, although it's a little old-school, going door to door in the neighborhood and introducing yourself. Let the neighbors know that the property is available and give them some basic information. If you make up some flyers to pass out, even better. If they're living in that area, chances are they can market the property for you through word-of-mouth. They're not going to buy the home, but they may know someone who is looking, or they may be interested in selling with you. The more people you have spreading the word the better. I've done this with two properties and I've received dozens of leads just talking to people.

Interesting. I've never done it myself, but door knocking is a tried and true method of drumming up business. I have considered doing this on a regular basis at a few townhouse complexes. That's exactly how many realtors become the 'neighborhood expert'. Why not become the neighborhood house buyer?

I do not use Craigslist to sell any of my properties.

There's just too much spam from Nigerians (that can't spell for crap) and those trying to get

me to "seek financial help" and "employment opportunities". :D

If I'm using online methods, I use Postlets and my local

town directory site. Both are free.

I also use directionals, yard signs, and newspaper ads.

Jason, when you say directionals, what does this mean? I 've seen the for sale by owner arrow signs but have never seen a rent to own directional (arrow sign). Thanks

Jason, when you say directionals, what does this mean? I 've seen the for sale by owner arrow signs but have never seen a rent to own directional (arrow sign). Thanks

Yeah, they're simply small, 12 X 18 or 6 X 18, "Rent to Own" signs with arrows.

I use a yellow and black lettering/background, as they're the easiest to be seen.

I have them custom made at my local print/sign shop.

Jason, when you say directional, what does this mean? I 've seen the for sale by owner arrow signs but have never seen a rent to own directional (arrow sign). Thanks

I use a yellow and black lettering/background, as they're the easiest to be seen.

I have been using Witness Designs sign company. They have pre-made Rent-To-Own signs and directional signs and they deliver right to your door. There is a thread pinned here on the marketing forum.

Or Click Here

Jason, when you say directional, what does this mean? I 've seen the for sale by owner arrow signs but have never seen a rent to own directional (arrow sign). Thanks

I have been using Witness Designs sign company. They have pre-made Rent-To-Own signs and directional signs and they deliver right to your door. There is a thread pinned here on the marketing forum.

Or Click Here

Steve, thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you also Jason.

Hey everyone,

I am flat out frustrated with craigslist. I have about 10 different email accounts set up with them. I use a blackberry and tether it to my laptop, everytime i connect it has a different IP address. But still the craigslist police gets me. They delete my ads, therefore no traffic to my website, therefore no calls.

What do you guys do about this? Obviously we want to get our ads at the top as much as possible. This requires me to post about 4 times a day. how do you do this on craigslist without getting ads deleted?

Also, what other websites are you posting to?

when posting ads, are you just writing about the details of the house, posting some pictures and telling them to call you or reply back to you. OR are you posting, writing some generic info then putting a link to your website on the ad?

The trick I use for CL is I have three different e-mail accounts and post at 9am, 3pm, and around 6pm. I just copy and paste the ad for every e-mail account but whenever I put the new one up, I delete the previous one. But even if i don't delete, just the fact that I use a different e-mail addy seems to be all that is required.

The trick I use for CL is I have three different e-mail accounts and post at 9am, 3pm, and around 6pm. I just copy and paste the ad for every e-mail account but whenever I put the new one up, I delete the previous one. But even if i don't delete, just the fact that I use a different e-mail addy seems to be all that is required.

Isn't there a risk of overexposure with this method that could work against you? I know that when I'm perusing CL and I see the same ad over and over again, my first thought is spam. I guess it depends on the ad and the market, but doesn't posting the same thing several times a day look a little fishy to potential buyers and sellers?