The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
timmym22

Marketing properties after you get them under contract

Guest jvmccall

You guys are crazy for avoiding Craigslist. I get 5-10 calls a day from my Craigslist ads. I use vFlyer, Postlets, FillMyProperty.com and regular text ads. My VA posts them from different email accounts. I recently signed up with "The Real Estate Marketing Service" & they do a great job. I post every house at least once a day. You should post on Craigslist as much as you can AND do all the other things every one mentions above.

The trick I use for CL is I have three different e-mail accounts and post at 9am, 3pm, and around 6pm. I just copy and paste the ad for every e-mail account but whenever I put the new one up, I delete the previous one. But even if i don't delete, just the fact that I use a different e-mail addy seems to be all that is required.

Isn't there a risk of overexposure with this method that could work against you? I know that when I'm perusing CL and I see the same ad over and over again, my first thought is spam. I guess it depends on the ad and the market, but doesn't posting the same thing several times a day look a little fishy to potential buyers and sellers?

Keep in mind you're looking at those ads through the eyes of an investor. The t/b's we are targeting are looking at the ads differently. They just want a deal on a house.

Keep in mind you're looking at those ads through the eyes of an investor.
A recurring problem for me...
The t/b's we are targeting are looking at the ads differently. They just want a deal on a house.
For the most part, I agree with you. Buyers and sellers aren't looking at my ads the same way an investor would, but that doesn't mean they aren't skeptical. I suppose if you're offering something they want, they'll take a chance.

Keep in mind you're looking at those ads through the eyes of an investor.
A recurring problem for me...
The t/b's we are targeting are looking at the ads differently. They just want a deal on a house.
For the most part, I agree with you. Buyers and sellers aren't looking at my ads the same way an investor would, but that doesn't mean they aren't skeptical. I suppose if you're offering something they want, they'll take a chance.

Maybe I shopuld also add in the fact that I write up about 3 or 4 different ads including a postlets ad and mix up the pics. I have never received a call from any of postlets affiliated links or backpage. All my calls have come from Craigslist or a sign on the yard. I will definitely do the door knocking approach and hand them a copy of the postlets ad for the hi-rise units and townhomes I work. Not many people are gonna see a "for rent" or "lease to own" sign 24 floors up.