The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jcjohnson7

E-mail replies

Quick question. I did some e-mail marketing today on a few web sites contacting some FSBO's and I got two interested people. My initial e-mail simply said that I was wondering if they would be interested in selling via lease purchase and one replied back giving me his phone number and the other replied back asking for mine to discuss the matter. I was just wondering, when you guys get a response like that do you then reply with another e-mail explaining exactly what you intend to do and how you can assist them with selling their home or do you go ahead and do all of that explaining over the phone after they reply to your first e-mail?

I went ahead and sent a second e-mail explaining to them what I do and how I could help them as well as get a family into a home and sent them the Lease Purchase Advantage sheet. I thought it would be better for them to know my intentions before we speak on the phone so that we can get down to business, so to speak, once we talk to one another. Did I handle that right? I just want to keep their interest but at the same time weed out the ones who aren't motivated.

Josh

Josh, there's no right or wrong way to approach this. My preference is to use the second email to further explain who I am and what I'm looking for. After the homeowner receives that second email, the ones who aren't interested don't respond. That's the point. Saves the time and aggravation of talking on the phone with homeowners who aren't going to be doing business with you. On the other hand, if they do reply after receiving my second email, they just may be motivated and open minded enough to take the time to speak with. At least that's my reasoning.

Josh, there's no right or wrong way to approach this. My preference is to use the second email to further explain who I am and what I'm looking for. After the homeowner receives that second email, the ones who aren't interested don't respond. That's the point. Saves the time and aggravation of talking on the phone with homeowners who aren't going to be doing business with you. On the other hand, if they do reply after receiving my second email, they just may be motivated and open minded enough to take the time to speak with. At least that's my reasoning.

That was my reasoning as well. Thanks again MC.