The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jcjohnson7

Question on first deal

Hi all,

I got a seller to agree to my short offer and I am meeting with him tomorrow to take a look at the property. However, he owes about $4,000 more than what I offered him. Is there anything to be concerned with here? Once they decide to close, nothing can come back to bite me right? I am doing a CA and just wondered if I had no worries after all agreements are approved and I'm out of the deal. I know the seller will have to come up with the difference to pay off his outstanding balance.

Do you guys ever take less than what you're selling it for on a L/O? Or is it a take it or leave it deal for the most part since the numbers work out already? I guess it would be up to the homeowner; if they are willing to take less for it. If not, then it may take a while to lease right? Anyone have a thought on this?

Josh

Josh, if you've assigned the deal and a year later some issue comes up regarding the purchase, title, etc., I don't see how that gets you involved.

Do you guys ever take less than what you're selling it for on a L/O? Or is it a take it or leave it deal for the most part since the numbers work out already? I guess it would be up to the homeowner; if they are willing to take less for it. If not, then it may take a while to lease right? Anyone have a thought on this?
Are you asking if t/b's ever want to negotiate the terms you have already agreed to? It never used to happen back in the good ol' days. But with the market being what it is, it doesn't surprise me anymore when it does happen. Bring the offer back to the homeowner and let him decide.