The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
EQUITY NOTES

Marketing

Hi All,

First I would like to say "way to go Rex"

when marketing for frbo do you guys.gals, fiind most are realtors?

seems like they own craiglist on rentals

also,

When using the residential lease, what language do you use to exit prior to lease date ?

also,

do you question sellers Thoroughly about being upside down. behind etc when doing a c/a

Thanks,

Tom

when marketing for frbo do you guys.gals, fiind most are realtors?
Yes. Most rentals in my area are through Agents and agencies. I skip past these and deal only with homeowners.

When using the residential lease, what language do you use to exit prior to lease date ?
Write in a few sentences that gives you the right to cancel. Don't overthink the process.

do you question sellers Thoroughly about being upside down. behind etc when doing a c/a
You need to know some basics, including the property's value, liens, mortgage info, etc.

Hey there ya'll...

This may have been asked before (and if it was...could you post the url for me to look at) but ON AVERAGE, how many calls and emails do all of you make per day or per week.

Since I'm still working 7 days a week (for only 3-4 more weeks), I come home and make as many calls and emails to FRBO's from Craigslist as I can till it's time to go to sleep. I just wondered how my numbers/effeciency/effectiveness ranks with others on the forum. (and YES i'm sending out warm & fuzzy emails, not sounding needy, and being friendly with people I talk to on the phone as opposed to "MR. Business Professional Lease Purchase Investor Person")

I realize that all you Full Timers have an advantage but I want to make sure that I'm doing all I can. I REFUSE to allow anyone to outwork me in ANYTHING I do.

I want to take jvmccall up on his public challenge when my 7 day a week schedule lightens up over the next 5 months:

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...=7289&st=15

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...?showtopic=7327

Thanks!

Darin

Darin, I don't keep a running tab. What I try and do is simply squeeze out a few emails here and there as time permits. I never want to sit down and tell myself I have to bang out 50 emails in the next hour. That's too much like work. It might be five here, a dozen there, etc. There are days when I don't send out any. But I would say that during an average week I have probably sent out 50 to 100. The best part is when I look back it doesn't seem like I even tried to get any out. But it adds up.

Hey there ya'll...

This may have been asked before (and if it was...could you post the url for me to look at) but ON AVERAGE, how many calls and emails do all of you make per day or per week.

Since I'm still working 7 days a week (for only 3-4 more weeks), I come home and make as many calls and emails to FRBO's from Craigslist as I can till it's time to go to sleep. I just wondered how my numbers/effeciency/effectiveness ranks with others on the forum. (and YES i'm sending out warm & fuzzy emails, not sounding needy, and being friendly with people I talk to on the phone as opposed to "MR. Business Professional Lease Purchase Investor Person")

I realize that all you Full Timers have an advantage but I want to make sure that I'm doing all I can. I REFUSE to allow anyone to outwork me in ANYTHING I do.

I want to take jvmccall up on his public challenge when my 7 day a week schedule lightens up over the next 5 months:

Thanks!

Darin

I send out 20 e-mails a day 7 days a week so 140 a week is my quota. I send mine from work first thing in the morning when i get in. Takes about 45 mins. i check FSBO's first then FRBO's. Once I'm doen I sit back and let the e-mails come in. I seem to average about 8-9 responses a day. I use a personal e-mail though, not a "lease2own@gmail.com" or any other biz type account.

I have an RSS FEED that comes into outlook. I scan that in the morning and afternoon. I have both feeds of FSBO and FRBO. I will send about 10-12 per day and sometimes a lot less depending on volume of what is posted. I rarely get any responses. Every now and then I get the NO THANKS! message. I also use my personal email address.

I have an RSS FEED that comes into outlook. I scan that in the morning and afternoon. I have both feeds of FSBO and FRBO. I will send about 10-12 per day and sometimes a lot less depending on volume of what is posted. I rarely get any responses. Every now and then I get the NO THANKS! message. I also use my personal email address.

I guess it must be a San Diego thing. I'm simply using Michael's 2 step e-mail and I consistently get 8-10 responses a day. 90% of those are "no" but then I just follow up with my offer to rent their place out for them. At least you're getting SLO's and CA's. Every home I've done comps on for the buyer they're losing 100k or more so it kills the deal everytime. Even if the home is free and clear, nobody is motivated enough to lose that kind of coin.

Well, sometimes I do the emails in the evening. I can copy and paste about 10 per day in a few minutes. But I do scan my RSS feeds just to delete during the day as I don't want to take the time to scan 100 messages. But hey if it works for you COOL!

Guest jvmccall
Hey there ya'll...

Thanks!

Darin

It's been a while since I been on this board... No wonder my ears have been burning for the last several weeks!

I have my virtual assistant send my emails and voice blasts. She probably sends 20 emails and 10-15 voice blasts a day. I probably get 3-5 phone calls back a day from sellers who like the Lease Purchase idea. In the last 4 weeks, I have gotten 12 new CA's that I am currently advertising. I have sold 2. I am actually falling behind on calling back the sellers.

I guess the key for me is giving the sellers my direct number and getting on the phone with them as soon as possible. I tell them not to reply to the email since I hardly ever check it. (The number in my email is a virtual number that gets directed to me cell phone.) I also recently started sending text messages to people. I probably get 25% - 30% positive response rate with text messages.

You have to remember that now is the best time of year to build your inventory, the easiest time of year to find motivated sellers. People are not out there looking to buy houses right now. But there are a TON of sellers looking for help. Build your inventory now for the next couple months and come January & February, we are going to make a TON of money selling those homes!

One final thing... I spent a few days with John Jackson in Dallas from Leasing To Buy. He's got a great business model. Fantastic guy. I think his username for this board is "Pilot...." something. I changed almost my entire business model after spending some time with him... If you want more information on his company, visit his sites (www.leasingtobuy.com & www.leaseoptionclasses.com). I will try to post something on what I learned later on. Radical stuff, I'm telling you! He's also a big MichaelC fan & spoke highly of this board.

I haven't tried texting and emails don't work well for me. But with calling I'm getting the same 25-30% positive response right now as well.

One final thing... I spent a few days with John Jackson in Dallas from Leasing To Buy. He's got a great business model. Fantastic guy. I think his username for this board is "Pilot...." something. I changed almost my entire business model after spending some time with him.

You took his course? Did you like it? It had better be solid platinum stuff for the $2995 he charges. I've avoided such expensive courses because I don't think the value is there. For about $500 Pete Fortunato and Jack Miller (recently deceased) were great deals.

Cool stuff cant wait to hear about Mr. Jackson. But whats he doing differently that were not doing. Besides the automated stuff.

I can remember when good ol' John...er...Pilot was just starting out.

Now, he's turn his operation into a lease option juggernaut.

From previous discussions and doing a lil' research, it would seem

that price tag would be worth it, as he's basically showing you how

to operate a proven lease option business, minus the hefty franchise fee.

I know it sounds cliche, but you'd more than make it back just from 1 deal.

If you're wanting mentoring and don't wanna plunk down as much loot (you get it back anyway),

HERE is another great alternative. :P