The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
EQUITY NOTES

Marketing to Fsbo sites

Hi All

Thanks for answering my previous email topics

When emailing to buy owner, craiglist etc, i use the standard inquiry abut a lease purchase

Are we violating the guide when emailing for a lease purchase? (I realize it can be a true purchase by us)

When sending a 2nd email such as Michaels, which i use

Has anyone got the site notifing them or the seller about us not being a true buyer?

I have not, as most responses are from the sellers email on my follow up email

Just wondering as they say a $1,000 fine next to sellers name on the buy owner site if I call them

Thanks

Tom

First of all, I have never had any success with FSBO sites. Most of the people are no longer FSBO because they've either signed with a Realtor or already sold and never took the ad down. Second, the $1000 fine is intended to keep Realtors from vulturing (is that a word?) listings and taking business away from the site. The only way I can see you getting in trouble with a FSBO site is if you marketed yourself as a business that competes with them.

I do OK with FSBO sites, but only certain ones. Most have ancient listings, but in my area the 2 biggest keep their listings updated very well and have more listings than anyone other than Re/Max and maybe Coldwell Banker.

Thanks for the replys on the question about marketing to fsbo sites

Maybe I did not make it clear as to what I was asking or maybe Iam worrying to much

When a 2nd reply I use such as Michaels is sent to the seller, would I be in violation as Iam offering my services

here is the sites guideline:

ForSaleByOwner.com is for home buyers only.

"All solicitation is strictly prohibited. Inappropriate use is logged and followed up on (your IP address is 205.188.116.75). By clicking send you agree to our terms and conditions"

Maybe Iam looking into this to much?

Thanks

Tom

Whether you're offering a SLO, or a CA, or a pure option, you aren't really offering a service. You are contracting the property and then either sub-letting or assigning your rights. So I don't see how you could be in violation of those terms.

Yes, you are. The Real Estate Police haven't beaten anyone up for some time now. :huh:

Yes, you are. The Real Estate Police haven't beaten anyone up for some time now. :huh:
Not true! Didn't you hear about the King incident? I heard there were riots in the streets of exclusive gated communities all over Michigan due to the REP brutality.

Yes, you are. The Real Estate Police haven't beaten anyone up for some time now. :D
Not true! Didn't you hear about the King incident? I heard there were riots in the streets of exclusive gated communities all over Michigan due to the REP brutality.

King?? Rodney, or Adam?? :huh:

So where do you have success?

Craigslist, Zillow, Trulia, local ads, talking to (some) Realtors, driving around town and seeing yard signs, word-of-mouth.

Yes, you are. The Real Estate Police haven't beaten anyone up for some time now. ;)

wp06368745_0f.jpg

:blush:

Come on Bev! Give us guys a break! "Some of us" are trying to work around here. :blush:

Some of us have fallen off the social radar completely and don't need to be reminded of what I'm missing out on (especially during all those Halloween Parties). Temptation is definitely NOT what I need right now. ;)

(((Thinking to myself)))....."Don't look directly at the picture. Don't look directly at the picture. Don't look directly at the picture."

Focus......Focus.............Focus.....................Focus :P

Darin, that picture isn't Bev's Halloween photo. I'm told she took a job with the local Chamber of Commerce and that's her Meet-and-Greet outfit for the new arrivals in town. ;)

Who loves ya, Bev? :blush: