The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Sparetimeinvestor

FSBO Ads or For Rent Ads

<_< I was wondering if people are mainly calling on FSBO ads or For Rent ads. I guess my thinking is that For Rent ads already have half of the lease purchase completed since the seller does not need any equity out right now. Calling on a lot more investors though.

Kurt -

Hello, Kurt, and welcome to The Naked Investor. Glad you joined us.

I recommend we call both FSBO's and FRBO's. Why be selective and prejudge any homeowner before contacting them? You just never know when that next call is the one that will land you a deal.

You're correct that the FRBO mind set is a bit different than the FSBO's. They are obviously already open to the idea of renting, so the fear of tenants isn't usually present. However, the other side of the coin is that, yes, you will often be speaking to other investors who have no need for us. Big deal. Thank 'em for their time and move on. Sixty seconds gone and you're on to another call.

But, what you will also find is the homeowner who is advertising their property for rent because they have not been able to sell it, and they have now put it on the rental market because their time frame requires something to happen quickly.

When you call and mention leasing with an option and all the advantages to it, believe me when I tell you that you will receive a very warm reception. This homeowner is a very easy sell. And when you speak with one, and you will as long as you make those calls, you've all but got the deal within minutes.