The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jcjohnson7

Seller listing with realtor

Hi all,

I spoke with a gentleman about doing a CA and he told me that he was going to list it with an agent and try to sell it the traditional way in 60 days. Now if we try to do this deal and he decided to go ahead and list it with an agent, do my obligations in the deal change or does it affect me at all? I have been avoiding the realtors for the most part since I'm just starting out, but was just wondering how you all would handle a situation like that. Thanks.

Josh

Contract is between seller and realtor in regards to listing. The Realtor can ad you to listing agreement since the seller had requested to do business with you 1st. I would let the seller explore all options before doing the CA. The realtor will just get in the way and it will be confusing to the buyer.

. . . I would let the seller explore all options before doing the CA. The realtor will just get in the way and it will be confusing to the buyer.
Exactly. Let the homeowner and Agent try first. Then, after three months of nothing happening, he'll be thrilled to speak with you again. Follow up once a month or every six weeks. He'll come back to you.

And in the meantime, speak with other homeowners.