The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Doug Pretorius (ON)

Emails? Useless. Ads? Useless.

Since a broker can't pay me a referral fee without violating his license, how would I get paid? Release fee on an option perhaps?

Doug,

You could offer a service for agents in your area.

Something like a marketing fee, paid by them monthly (not to be confused with a referral fee).

You basically market for FSBOs (those that aren't in the creative mindset...something you've

become accustomed to) and send them to the agents on a daily or weekly basis.

I know of a few that charge anywhere from $39-to up in the hundreds, to even thousands per month.

This is something that I've thought about doing a time or 2, but didn't

want to pass potential deals onto them for a few bucks when I could make more money

by creating a deal myself, instead.

Then again, if you can't make it work creatively, monetize it like I mentioned.

I'm thinking more like, $3k Jason

If you're offering good, quality leads, and they're closing

on them and getting paid, then I don't see why you couldn't

fetch that amount. I'm not sure if each agent could afford

that. Some could...some may not. They'd have to be getting good

listings on higher priced homes to justify that, I'd think.

However, that'd be some nice cash flow, all without having to

deal with all the corresponding headaches with sellers and tenants. :closedeyes:

If you can't do a deal then refer it to a realtor for some CHANGE.
Now THAT is a good idea. I'm throwing away lead after lead after lead that would make for a perfectly good listing. I've tried the route of signing up marginal cash deals and found selling the property too difficult. But... referring that out to a realtor could work.

I know there are agents out there who work solely on a referral basis, their marketing brings in leads which they refer out to other agents to work, and they get 25% of the commission when the deal closes. Since a broker can't pay me a referral fee without violating his license, how would I get paid? Release fee on an option perhaps?

REPLY:

When agents pay non-agents that 25% for having referred the lead, it's called a "marketing fee" instead of a referral fee. Just a simple change of terms makes it legal.

Hope that helps.

Wow.

I haven't seen you on here on about 4...5 years?

Wow.

I haven't seen you on here on about 4...5 years?

It has been awhile, hasn't it? Wonder if this somehow ties into Halloween?? :closedeyes:

I have an arrangement with a real estate agent...she furnishes me with the list of MLS expireds, and I give her names of possible listings that I find after talking to these owners. Hopefully, it will be a win-win for both of us.

Lynn (FL)

She's in the process of closing a listing I sent her. She say's she's going to send me a "finders fee", even though I haven't asked for one. My thinking is/was ... help me and I'll help you in return.

Lynn (FL)