The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Troy_Ross

Isabella is one BIG Bit**

GOOOOOOD GRRRIEEEFFF!

Can't hurricanes pick on something else than the east coast? The way that monster looks today (according to the Weather Channel), you'd think Michael would have to start getting ready for the worst! I mean it looks like it's going straight for Florida!

Wait a sec - that may not be so bad... Hey, Michael, isn't the "Mother-in-Laws Walk-a-Thon on the Coast" still scheduled to happen in a couple of days? Perfect for hurricane weather! <_<

Seriously though, as luck would have it, Isabella's "projected path" is MY neck of the woods in Virginia - go figure! Right now it's packing 150mph winds - impressive. The last time we had a hurricane hit landfall here in Virginia, I had a large branch from a tree fall and ENTER my roof! Yep, woke-up, saw this "log" sticking through the ceiling, thought I was dreaming, and went back to bed - only to wake later with reality. That sucked.

Anyway, enuff rambling... You folks be safe - ALL OVER THE EAST COAST! Keep a watch on the "girl" that's headed this way!

Animated RADAR map:

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm1...e_animated.html

Good Luck!!

Hey, Michael, isn't the "Mother-in-Laws Walk-a-Thon on the Coast" still scheduled to happen in a couple of days?
Troy, as luck would have it, the Mother in law walkathon was cancelled due to the short supply of pork bellies for the main event, the scheduled pig slaughter and roast. Seems that at the anticipated rate of one and one half hogs per walker, there just wasn't enough to go around. My mother in law is here now, consoling herself while paying homage to my refrigerator. I'm a bit distracted now, though. My five year old daughter hasn't been seen in two hours.....

You're right about Isabel. It's still early and she can go any which way, but the latest computer models have her turning north, with the mid Atlantic states and the north east states bearing the brunt of the storm.

ROTFLMAO! :lol:

Well, just to let you know... Isabel (gotta get the spelling right this time around) may not be headed YOUR way (like Florida hasn't seen enough rain lately) but I had told my mother-in-law about the walkathon event and she is already on her way. Oh, I told her that she could "stay" at your place for a couple of days (if you don't mind). Just remember the "plan", okay? I mean... people come up "missing" all the time... and make sure the alligators don't leave any traces... whoa... <_< I forgot... this is a public forum. Oh, I mean, thanks for offering to give her a tour of Florida. I am sure it will be the trip of a lifetime for her. I'll send the payment to you soon! :ph34r: