The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
dionwisn

Direct Mail

When doing DM how far back would be a safe marker for possible unsold leads. As a side note: My market has not been the fastest to recover. Is three months - 4 months back to far. I dont to wast any change sending these. As finding deals has become harder im forced to do as others and try some direct mail. Also is it better to place your p.o. box adress on these or personal?

Dion,

Is ther away to scrub your list with property appraisers to see if title transfer had been done?

Also what are you sending? Post card, letter?

If post card go ahead and send it out. Its cheap. $.33 per card. If you are sending a letter then I would probably limit it to 3 months.

Dion,

Is ther away to scrub your list with property appraisers to see if title transfer had been done?

If post card go ahead and send it out. Its cheap. $.33 per card. If you are sending a letter then I would probably limit it to 3 months.

got it, thanks Jonathan

Dion,

Is there a prerferd day that I should be sending these out. I know that week days are best but does this make a substantial difference?

Whats a good length of time to see what type of mailing is worth keeping. How long should you give something before its digarded? Sorry if I repeated myself.

I like to mail at least 7 to 8 hits before I disregard the mailing. Now with that said it also depends on your list. For example. If I was doing expired listings. I have a mailing that goes out 3 times over 3 days. For NOD's I mail them once per month for 7 times before their name gets deleted. For FSBO I hit them 7 times over 21 days.

Lynn,

I have an account set up with Send Out Cards (I sell the service also). What I do is I build the campaigns. For FSBO I have 7 post cards that goes out over a 21 day period. For NOD's I have Greeting Cards that go out over a 90 day period. For Expired listings I have 1 greeting card and two post cards that go out over a 3 day period.

I build the campaigns in advance so all I have to do is ad the name and press click. It gets mailed out.

My post cards cost me .31 per card not counting postage

My greeting cards are .62 per card not counting postage

This type of mailing is not for MASS MAILING even though it could be if you want to spend the money.

For large mailings I use click2mail.com post card system. I can mail a ugly white card for about .34 per card including postage.

I have other campaigns for follow up that are also automated.

I hope that helps.

If you want to try the system for free just visit my site at http://www.jonathanrexford.com and you can send a few greeting cards on my dime.

Dion,

I pull the list everyday. Because their is a short fuze before the other vultures (realtors) get them....I can say vultures because I am a realtor.... :P

my list goes 3months back, i assume thats to far?