The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Credit Repair Companies

Anyone know of and/or have worked with legit credit repair companies that you can recommend?

I can't fit the market if there are good tenant/buyers that are asking for assistance getting their credit in order.

Thank you!

Man, that's an industry that is filled with scam artists. Not all, of course, but best be careful. I'm of the mindset that most individuals can do for themselves what these companies charge a hefty fee to do for you.

Steve, I too have been on a search for one. I had one several year ago that was super expensive. They were really good. But they are not doing it any more. Let us know if you find any good ones.

From what I have looked at there is nothing a credit repair company can do to improve a person’s credit that they can’t do for themselves. So, to save some money and the hassle of finding a reputable company, I think I am going to recommend that they can do it themselves. You can 'google' "Do it yourself credit repair" and there are a bunch of helpful sites. I am going to continue to recommend that tenant/buyers get with a lender early, to have the lender review their situation and make recommendations for what the tenant/buyer can work on to get financed.

Honestly everything they need to know about credit repair can be found in a single article, and it's free: The Real Estate Professional's Guide to Credit Scoring & Improvement

That's an industry filled with rotten apples, and basically paid to babysit people to make sure they stay on the financial straight-and-narrow.

Of course, some people need babysitting, or need to pay for something just to feel obligated into following the guidelines. It's like gym memberships: sure, someone could run and exercise on their own, but if they're paying someone else to oversee them, they actually do it.

All right I'll get off the soap box, good luck helping people with their bad credit.

Cheers,

--------------------

Brian

Rental Lease