The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
jlspartz

Lists, Leads, Strategy

I would just like to know, what lists do you go off of? Or do you get referrals from realtors, birddogs, craigslist?

What works best for you? FRBO, FSBO, Expiree, NOD, Pre-NOD, Absentee?

Where do you get your list?

And how do you market to them? Direct mail, email, cold call, signs?

Geographic mailing to a list that has potential of equity. I get the list from www.listsource.com I also mail to NOD's that I get directly from courthouse. I also mail to FSBO, FRBO and expireds. I get the FRBO's as I am driving along with FSBO's. The expireds I get from MLS.

My geographic mailing consists both of owner occupied and absentee, as it is the same post card

I am attempting to get my referral program going again. It is designed to go to everyone that I know, to let them know that we buy and sell houses and borrow private money by providing a return of 6% to CD holders.

hth

Geographic mailing to a list that has potential of equity. I get the list from www.listsource.com I also mail to NOD's that I get directly from courthouse. I also mail to FSBO, FRBO and expireds. I get the FRBO's as I am driving along with FSBO's. The expireds I get from MLS.

My geographic mailing consists both of owner occupied and absentee, as it is the same post card

I am attempting to get my referral program going again. It is designed to go to everyone that I know, to let them know that we buy and sell houses and borrow private money by providing a return of 6% to CD holders.

hth

Hi Jonathan,

Do you do any cold calling?

Rosanna

That is one thing I cannot stand to do. I have been trying to outsource it. I do know it works and it is free except the time and labor. I am not very good over the phone with people. I am short on patience.

Jamie, since you are relatively new at this, I'm of the opinion that you need to keep your marketing expenses to a minimum at this point. It makes little sense to spend money on lists, for example, if when you do get a reply you are unable to close the deal due to lack of experience. Best to cut your teeth on marketing strategies that are free, or at least inexpensive.

I agree Mike. I will stick to free or cheap alternatives until having fully executed some deals. Though, I would not like to stay in one spot, without a system to generate leads for me.

Thanks Jonathan, that's great information.