The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Troy_Ross

Isabel Aftermath

:D Well we faired better than I thought we would. We came home from work last night to find the top of one of our trees on the ground. It missed our house by an inch (literally). Limbs, leaves, twigs - all over the place! One home, about 5 houses down from ours, was completely destroyed by one tree - split it in half. Thank God no one was home at the time. Due to the down trees in our 'hood, there's only one way in and one way out now. Normally we have five entrances and exits. We have NO water, NO electricity, and NO phone - not to mention Internet :o yes, I am upset. I am using a computer at our work office now.

Fourteen deaths so far were reported in Virginia. God be with everyone suffering from the aftermath!

- Troy Ross

Hi, Troy. I was wondering how you fared during the storm. Glad to hear you and Rachel are well, and property damage was minimal other than the usual aftermath cleanup.

No utilites, huh? Well, that certainly sucks. We take them for granted, then realize what a convenience they are when they are available. But, look at the bright side. Your electric bill next month will be lower.

Time to pull out the rakes. Don't be surprised if you find any of Tony's bandit signs in the debris...

Greetings Troy,

Good to hear that you and your family are still alive and well...considering the alternatives!

I will pray that you get utilities, etc. up and running soon. Yes, we must consider those who lost their life or know one of the victims. Consider it a blessing that you weren't one of them!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery back to normal life. Keep us posted!

Andrew