The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
The Real Deal

Where is everybody?

Their doesn't seem to be very much activity on here, Is everybody off doing deals? If so how are your deals going, what types of deals are you doing most of, CA's/short sales/etc? How are you getting most of your deals, direct mail/email/cold calls?

Are their any members on here that have not done any deals yet like me, if so how about we start a challenge for ourselves? Maybe post a personal goal that you want to achieve and how you are going to get that first deal? I will go first:

I WILL get two properties under contract within 30 days. (maybe thats too much time?) To achieve this goal I will email 10-15 sellers a day.

Any comments, questions, input? Please post! :unsure::blink:

I haven't done anything real estate-wise in a good while.

I've been busy with other ventures, but am still considering

jumping back into CAs. I had a few issues from a couple of deals

that made me question it, but that's another story.

I still check in on the forums daily & will post something

if it's worthwhile and helpful. After all, it's still my favorite Italian-run real estate site on the planet.

Who knows, I may even offer mentoring and put out a few audios & DVDs with a well-known guru. :unsure:

Well...as for me.....I'm just now recovering from my Dell Computer becoming toast. :unsure:

It's been a very educational winter (I don't have to Caddy too much at the course) and I've spent the time reading, learning, sleeping, and doing the things I don't have time to do from March-October.

I now have my iMac and I'm getting ready to start a serious marketing effort within the next 2 weeks. I've pushed my chips into the middle of the table. I'm ALL IN.

I've set my goals as to how many mailings, phone calls, emails and other stuff I'll be doing per month. Time for Daddy to start building the bank account.

Darin

I've got a few SLO's still producing some positive cash flow. Getting CA's here and there. Trying to keep steady deals is hard. You may find a few, but trying to unload them is the other half thats challenging.Think Im going to try hitting a few glasses of yellow tail wine before I do some cold calling Tuesday morning.

Real Deal, board activity mirrors real estate activity, from what I have seen. As the market began taking on water, interest in real estate waned for many investors and wannabe investors. Not only here, but on the other real estate boards around the 'net. It's ironic, because for someone wanting to break into this business, the best time to do so is in a market like this, when sellers are motivated and willing to wheel and deal.

I've got a few SLO's still producing some positive cash flow. Getting CA's here and there. Trying to keep steady deals is hard. You may find a few, but trying to unload them is the other half thats challenging.Think Im going to try hitting a few glasses of yellow tail wine before I do some cold calling Tuesday morning.

I'm more of a Lik-her drinker, but I know that Australia does make good $5 wine such as Yellowtail. You should try Middle Sister wine. $8 at Target. I'm not a wino, but it's effective and I'd put it up against Yellowtail.

I'm more of a Lik-her drinker, but I know that Australia does make good $5 wine such as Yellowtail. You should try Middle Sister wine. $8 at Target. I'm not a wino, but it's effective and I'd put it up against Yellowtail.

Better still, contact our boy from Dixie. Jason brews his own 190 proof moonshine in his bathtub. Nothin' beats it for curing the blues and unplugging slow drains.

Better still, contact our boy from Dixie. Jason brews his own 190 proof moonshine in his bathtub. Nothin' beats it for curing the blues and unplugging slow drains.

WHAT?! J man! Have you been holding out on us?! I had some homemade stuff down at the cookoff in Terlingua. I was surprised that it was that smooth.

Actually, now that I think about it....it was kind of yellow...in a small plastic container...marked off in milliliters....and it was...warm...Like..98.6 degrees.....you don't think that was..naahhh

WHAT?! J man! Have you been holding out on us?! I had some homemade stuff down at the cookoff in Terlingua. I was surprised that it was that smooth.

Actually, now that I think about it....it was kind of yellow...in a small plastic container...marked off in milliliters....and it was...warm...Like..98.6 degrees.....you don't think that was..naahhh

True, indeed.

I was a cold calling machine back in the day.

A lil' bit o' "liquid confidence" and I was unstoppable. :wacko:

If you & MC would like to partner up with your CA/LO courses, I'd be

willing to talk shop. It could be a bonus to your cold calling sections.

PM for details.

True, indeed.

I was a cold calling machine back in the day.

A lil' bit o' "liquid confidence" and I was unstoppable. :wacko:

If you & MC would like to partner up with your CA/LO courses, I'd be

willing to talk shop. It could be a bonus to your cold calling sections.

PM for details.

Yes, perhaps we could bring out mayonnaise jars full of Alabama Wine when we got to the marketing section! I don't really care for MC, but if I change my mind, I'll let you know. :)

WHAT?! J man! Have you been holding out on us?! I had some homemade stuff down at the cookoff in Terlingua.

Is the chili there as good as they say? I've been wanting to go for years but it's impossible to find a place to stay.

WHAT?! J man! Have you been holding out on us?! I had some homemade stuff down at the cookoff in Terlingua.

Is the chili there as good as they say? I've been wanting to go for years but it's impossible to find a place to stay.

I didn't know they had chili there. I'll look for it next time before I pass out.

I fly the plane down every year for a guys trip.

It's actually really pretty down there in no man's land.

I didn't know they had chili there. I'll look for it next time before I pass out.

I fly the plane down every year for a guys trip.

Oh. I thought when you said you were "down at the cookoff in Terlingua" you were referring to the Chili Appreciation Society International Chili Championship or the Frank X. Tolbert / Wick Fowler World Chili Championships.