The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
endeavor11

Craigslist Rental Leads

In my area (socal), I am finding that 90% or more rental ads in Craigslist are either listings by realtors or property management companies. Is this what you guys are experiencing as well? If so, where are you guys finding FRBO leads? Thanks.

Yes, the Realtors and Agencies have overrun Craig's List, unfortunately. The site has at least broken down for sale listings between FSBO's and Brokers. Not so for FRBO's, so we have to weed through many ads to find the ones by owner.

Craigslist has real estate? Didn't know that. I guess I never make it past the "Females seeking Farm Animal" ads.

Cuz you're hung like a horse? :wacko:

Craigslist has real estate? Didn't know that. I guess I never make it past the "Females seeking Farm Animal" ads.

Cuz you're hung like a horse? :wacko:

yes, a seahorse.

YOU GUYS he he he. I haven't had much luck with FRBO's myself but when I do look for them I weed out the management co's and realtors by using SearchTempest, the old craigslisthelper. Herbster

YOU GUYS he he he. I haven't had much luck with FRBO's myself but when I do look for them I weed out the management co's and realtors by using SearchTempest, the old craigslisthelper. Herbster

I'm finding out that realtors are also listing in the real estate for sale "by owner" category. No shame for some of these agents. :wacko:

I'm finding out that realtors are also listing in the real estate for sale "by owner" category. No shame for some of these agents. :wacko:

Oh, yeah. They have no shame. When I see that, depending upon my mood, :) , I may report the ad as miscategorized and move on.

Oh, yeah. They have no shame. When I see that, depending upon my mood, :) , I may report the ad as miscategorized and move on.

I used to do that, but once I realize that even if I report every ad by a Realtor that I find especially annoying, Craigslist doesn't do anything about it. It appears as if Craigslist will only take down or ghost posts by unlicensed peons like us.