The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
zanders

Here's An Idea

I guess I stopped trying to fish and started raising worms. What I mean by this is as the market has slowed down, I started looking for ways to get around Craigslist. What I did was go back to my first pasion which was marketing. I teamed up with a colleague and we started using the Google Local 10 box Map space to our advantage and the leads came flooding in!

Basically, we have a method to get on the first page in Google for our area for any number of keywords like rent to own, real estate, etc. I put up a couple capture pages and poof, there are the leads. Now I can either work them or sell them or whatever.

hey zanders,

that is a great idea. how much does it cost? how hard is it to get on the top 10 listing? do you recommend any website to help someone who is not experienced in online marketing. thanks

tim

This is something I have done for not only me, but for other investors and

local business owners as well. Yes, they actually pay me to get them listed

and ranked. :angry: I've even heard folks charging $500-$1500 just for

placing them on Google Maps, via the Google Local Business Center.

It's not because it's difficult, it's from knowing how to do it

and do it correctly...no different than putting a CA deal together. Anyone

can do it, but the results will be different.

Seeing that most folks don't go "below the fold" when doing a Google search, getting

your name and/or business in the Google Local Map pack is ideal. Before, it was

SEO (search engine optimization) that got results. Now, if you can get a business

listed in the map pack, you'll rank at the top of page 1 on Google. Although, I still wouldn't

discount SEO.

For best results, it's best to use relevant keywords when describing your business.

From my research and speaking with others (that do this for clients too), having a business

address as close to the center of the city/town also plays a key role when getting ranked.

If your address needs to be near the center of town and you work out of your home, what should you do? Also, is it free to set this up? How many leads are you getting a day zanders?

It doesn't need to be in the center of town.

If you work from home, you'll have to put a physical address.

I wouldn't advise putting your home address, for obvious reasons.

Also, you will have to list your phone #. Google will then call you (automated) and will

give a PIN# to verify that you're who you say you are. The # you give will show

up in your listing.

And, yes, it's free to set up.

It doesn't need to be in the center of town.

If you work from home, you'll have to put a physical address.

I wouldn't advise putting your home address, for obvious reasons.

Also, you will have to list your phone #. Google will then call you (automated) and will

give a PIN# to verify that you're who you say you are. The # you give will show

up in your listing.

And, yes, it's free to set up.

I have been working on SEO work for my sites during off time (which is rare). From the time I do it I do get above the fold and stay their for some time. Google Local is just a start. I am finding that once you start down this road it is going to be a continue work. Just like any marketing.

Article marketing, Feeds, Social Bookmarking...etc

SEO can be very time intensive if doing it all yourself. Vary your anchor text to receive the most benefit, use all phrases that show up in the Google Keyword Tool. Take over the lowest phrases first. If you have a PR2 or PR3 site, taking over lower searched phrases is a piece of cake. Then make your way up the list. Also, people usually just submit to the article databases that give you followed links, but from my experience Articlebase has a lot of PLR users that copy your info all around. Getting onto twitter will give you an explosion of traffic, but typically not good targeted traffic that you want. Videos have the most impact, embed them with keyworded metadata, and any video hosting site will give you plenty of PR back to you site. Hope you follow what I'm saying. I'm a tech geek.

SEO can be very time intensive if doing it all yourself. Vary your anchor text to receive the most benefit, use all phrases that show up in the Google Keyword Tool. Take over the lowest phrases first. If you have a PR2 or PR3 site, taking over lower searched phrases is a piece of cake. Then make your way up the list. Also, people usually just submit to the article databases that give you followed links, but from my experience Articlebase has a lot of PLR users that copy your info all around. Getting onto twitter will give you an explosion of traffic, but typically not good targeted traffic that you want. Videos have the most impact, embed them with keyworded metadata, and any video hosting site will give you plenty of PR back to you site. Hope you follow what I'm saying. I'm a tech geek.

I read you loud & clear. ;)

Thanks for sharing with others.

Who's the market here? I don't see homeowners that already know they want to RTO (because they're Googling "rent to own") contacting an investor as a result of a Google hit.

I actually used rent 2 own homes as my keywords and it worked real well. I have other folks that used different keywords in their own cities. Deb, the woman I partnered with, is a whiz at getting these rolling. Sure beats the deadbeats with Craigslist.

I can direct you to her if you want to emal me. I don't want to blast her info on the boards.

Hi Tim,

The nice thing about the Google box isthat it automatically gets you in the top 10 in your city for your keyword. It literally blasts you past the competition that has spend thousands on seo work.

How does this help find sellers? A seller isn't going to type "rent to own" into a Google search box in order to find you, because few know what that is and those that do are doing it by themselves. A seller that's typing stuff like "sell my house" is going to get thousands of hits from realtors and mortgage brokers, who are going to pay a lot more than you for those hits.

A seller that's typing stuff like "sell my house" is going to get thousands of hits from realtors and mortgage brokers, who are going to pay a lot more than you for those hits.

Not necessarily. With a broad, and very competitive search such as "sell my house", you'll have to fight

many folks. The idea is to target long-tail keywords, specifically for the areas you're wanting to buy in. So, instead

of focusing on "sell my house", you could focus your keywords on "sell my house timbuktu".

I'm not sure where you live, but Google can now decipher your geographical location and give you

results based on where you're doing your search.

Depending on what is entered into the search box, 2 people living several miles apart will get different

results, even though they typed & hit the search button on the same keywords.

The nice thing about the Google box is that it automatically gets you in the top 10 in your city for your keyword. It literally blasts you past the competition that has spend thousands on seo work.

Yep.

Although, it's good to get organic search results as well.

You can always be pushed out of the Google "box", just as you can

on the regular search results. I've gotten 1st position in the Google "box" (as you call it), as well as the

first 3 positions on a few keywords in the organic results quite a few times. :lol: