The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Nikita123

Paralysis of Analysis?

Hello,

I want to thank Mike C for opening my eyes to what I have always suspected. I am great at reading and re-reading books, blogs, manuals, but when it comes time to do, I somehow always get so lost by the many details involved that I have no results!

So my question to this board are two folds. How do you get out of paralysis of analysis.

Secondly, for the people that do this work on a part time basis, what have you found to be the best

time to call FSBO and FRBO's?

I really want this year to be of action. I am looking forward to your invaluable responses.

Kind regards,

Nikita

Nikita-

The majority of the people out there are good folks. Don't worry about the details. Have the attitude that you do not care if you get a deal or not. Take it one step at a time, and if you are speaking to a seller who is interested, say to yourself that you will take the deal as far as you can. And if you mess up, who cares, learn from it and you won't make the same mess up with the next seller. Mark a few of the pages in the manual, so as you are speaking with the seller you can refer to the questions to ask to get the information you need. If you come across a knuckle head that is giving you a hard time, it is probably not someone you want to work with anyway, move on to the next seller. Just take each potential deal as far as you can. It gets easier as you go.

Howdy, Nikita!

How do you get out of paralysis of analysis.

Action.

It's the best killer of fear.

what have you found to be the best

Anytime, as long as it's not very early or very late.

However, I prefer email (from online ads) as my first contact method.

So my question to this board are two folds. How do you get out of paralysis of analysis.

Secondly, for the people that do this work on a part time basis, what have you found to be the best

Hello, Nikita, and welcome to The Naked Investor.

Reading your post, you answered your question about paralysis of analysis when you wrote, "I really want this year to be of action". That's the best advice anyone can give you: take action. You know more than you realize. Put down the books and DVD's, and begin speaking with homeowners. The worst that can possibly happen is you say the wrong thing and you lose a potential deal. So what? There isn't a person on this board who hasn't been there, done that. Learn from your mistake and move on. There's no education like hands on experience.

As for a best time to call homeowners, there isn't one. Call when it's convenient for you. You'll reach some homeowners, you'll get their answering machine with others. Leave a message and move on. If they're interested, they'll return your call.

I too work a Mon-Fri J.O.B.. Like Jason and many others here, I use email as my first contact with sellers. I then let phone calls go to my voice mail so I can (1) call them back either during a work break, or when I get off in the afternoon, and (2) be mentally ready to "talk the talk" with them.

Lynn (FL)

Hello,

Thank you so very much for your responses. I really appreciate all the support and answers I have received. It is encouraging to see that I am definitely not the only one doing this part time and hustling to make it work.

MC, I will put the books and the DVD's down and get to work.

Nikita

... How do you get out of paralysis of analysis.
By looking at our bank account :angry:

BEV!

... How do you get out of paralysis of analysis.
By looking at our bank account :angry:

BEV!

:lol: That is the ultimate motivating factor.

Hello, my name is Darin and I had analysis paralysis. (Admitting you have a problem is the first step) ^_^

As each person is obviously different...I wasn't concentrated enough on my marketing. I was doing a little of this...a little of that...tweak this...tweak that....and I got poor results. Surprise, surprise.

I've finally put together a solid business plan which now makes me more credible in the sellers and buyers eyes, and it gives me more confidence that I know what I'm talking about and doing. (Probably the most important trait to have and it would have definitely helped me with the ladies earlier in life :o )

For me....I kinda got to the point where I couldn't learn anymore without seriously diving into the pool instead of just dipping my toes in. There are NO guarantees. But making mistakes is part of learning.

I was brought up to think that making mistakes was a really bad thing. Looking back....I wish I had made more mistakes. I feel it would have given me a tougher skin and would have allowed me to gain self confidence a little faster.

You also have to have a big enough "WHY". Some people teach that you should give 100% at something but always have a plan B to fall back on. Others say that if your going to sail the ship from the harbor to a new land of opportunity, once you reach shore....BURN THE SHIP TO THE GROUND so that there is no retreat (you are now forced to succeed....live or die). Either way...like MC said....TAKE ACTION. What's the worst thing someone can say to you? No? Who cares! If they don't want/need the information and knowledge you've worked hard to obtain & can provide.....it's their decision or loss. Keep paying the mortgage on an empty house...it's no skin off my back!

Personally.....I was just tired of being sick and tired while not having the life I KNOW I can have. I've shoved off from the dock, I've trimmed the sails, and I have stuck the match to burn my ship to the ground.

Darin