The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
kah5683

Google Voice

Have had this service since before it was google voice by the suggestion of the people here on the forum.

I've searched a little bit but have not found an answer yet...

Is there a way to know that a call you are getting to your cell phone through google voice is coming from google voice when it rings? This would be a great feature so that you can use different numbers for different types of marketing, and know when the phone rings where it is coming from.

Thanks!

I believe that feature is available, but I'm not certain. Check their website for features. Or maybe someone will come along here with the definitive answer.

Here is what I did with GV. I chose to have my google number to show up on Caller ID. If I am not available I get the Text message. I also have it downloaded to my Black Berry. What I have done is have my cell phone forward all calls to GV.

just an idea

Here is what I did with GV. I chose to have my google number to show up on Caller ID. If I am not available I get the Text message. I also have it downloaded to my Black Berry. What I have done is have my cell phone forward all calls to GV.

just an idea

I have mine set up this way: If I don't answer my cell phone it fowards to GV then if the person leaves a message on GV, it transcribes the voicemail and send it to me as a text message. I am one of those people that hates sitting on the phone listening to each message "press 7 to delete, press 3 to rewind blah blah"! If I do actually need to listen to it, I just call my GV number or log in to GV online.

How long did it take you to receive the invite? I put in my name in 2 weeks ago and didn't get an invite from Google Voice yet.
Did you sign up through googles website or did you have a GV user send you an invite?

Did you sign up through googles website or did you have a GV user send you an invite?

I signed up on the Google Voice website. I didn't know a user could send an invite. Can someone send me an invite? Please message me if you can.

I signed up on the Google Voice website. I didn't know a user could send an invite. Can someone send me an invite? Please message me if you can.

PM me your email address and I will send you an invite.

Something weird that started happening to me was Google Voice started intercepting non-Google voice calls. So instead of receiving a call on my cell, for example, the call would go straight to Google Voice. The voicemail message would get converted into text, so I'd never have the benefit of hearing the original voice message.

I had the same problems until I changed my settings.

Me and my friend would always laugh at the transcribed messages I would

receive. They made absolutely no sense, at times, but was worth a good chuckle.

You may have Google voicemail activated on your phone.

You'll need to log into your account, click Settings, then click Phones.

There will be a link you can click that says something about de-activating it.

As soon as I did this, I had no issues with missing calls.

You may also want to check your settings under the Voicemail & SMS options.

You can set voicemail notifications to either go to your email or as a text

to your cell phone. I currently have them going to my email.