The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Anyone Skyping?

Anyone Skyping? This seems to be coming more popular as a way to communicate by voice and video online & cell phone. It's free by setting up an account with SKYPE.com you can communicate in real time, face-to-face, online or by cell.

Hey Steve,

I used it back last year a good bit. I still have an account, but hardly use it these days.

At the time, I had horrible cell phone reception, but didn't want buyers and sellers to have my home phone#.

We finally got a cell phone tower put up, and dropped our home service.

I purchased a number with them so I could make and receive calls...all from my laptop. You can even

forward your calls to any phone you'd like. It's a pretty neat service. You can also voice/video chat with other Skype users as well.

Alabama is getting more & more advanced these days. There for a while, we were using 2 tin cans and an extra long piece of twine.

A 3-way call involved tossing a small to medium-sized rock, in order to alert the other person to join in. ^_^

I have Skype. Don't use it often. A few months back I had to call overseas, the UK. Connected with an investor on his cell phone. A seven minute phone call cost me about $2.25 Crystal clear, too.

Also have used it to speak with a homeowner who had a property here by me, but was living in India.

But I still prefer the Dixie Phone Company. Two cans and some twine is cutting edge!

Used it now and then since it first came out about 6 years ago and have recently for my job. Skype to skype is free. US calls and voicemails are very cheap. It has the best video chat clarity and simplicity available. As far as calls though, I just got on Google Voice today, thanks to "The Real Deal" on this forum. It's free within the US, international calls look to be 2-6 cents a minute. Does everything Skype does minus the video, and stays all online - no need to install a program.

I like free skype for out of town family and friends. For the client in London I bought a magicjack (free & unlimited local & long distance voice only) and purchased 1000 minutes for $ 20 (2 cents/min).

I also plan to get google voice soon.

Used it now and then since it first came out about 6 years ago and have recently for my job. Skype to skype is free. US calls and voicemails are very cheap. It has the best video chat clarity and simplicity available. As far as calls though, I just got on Google Voice today, thanks to "The Real Deal" on this forum. It's free within the US, international calls look to be 2-6 cents a minute. Does everything Skype does minus the video, and stays all online - no need to install a program.

You can do video chat in gmail or igoogle, and its free.