The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
keiththedealmaker

Consistently doing a minimum of 2 deals per month?

I've been doing a version of CA and some months I'll do as much as 4 of those types of deals then the next month I'll done zero then the following month I'll do maybe 3. I've been trying to get my business to where I can consistently do 2 deals a month. Although when you spread out the good months, I might make the same but getting deals done consistently every month is what I'm really wanting.

If you were to come up with a plan to do a minimum of 2 deals a month, what marketing and how much would you do? What would your marketing schedule look like? Anyone care to share?

The only thing consistent is the inconsistency, a wise man once said.

If your marketing was good enough to pull in four deals one month and then only one the following month, it doesn't necessarily mean your marketing is flawed.

In general I think that is how a lot of businesses are. They have busy months and slower months; busy seasons and slower seasons. I take the average of deals over several months or a year. At times I think that I am getting slack on marketing if I have a slower month. I keep an eye on FSBO sites and Craig’s and notice when I am slow there are not as many properties coming available for sale, then as ads increase so does business. I was kicking it in February and thinking it was going to be an early spring; however, the bottom has fallen out for March and it is extremely slooooow. Hopefully, the next week or two things will be rolling.

Here is another thing I am starting to do a little more of. I have done a lot of SLOs and have gotten pretty good at getting properties ready to place another tenant/buyer after the frist decides to move on. It is like a system to get in and get out quickly and get the property re-leased at a minimum cost. As I have repeat CAs with previous sellers, at times I will offer this service to get there house ready for the next t/b. This brings in some extra $$ on the side so to speak and works great if I should have a slower month too.

I hear you loud and clear. It's nice to get a huge month then I think to myself it's going to be great next month but what happens is that the following month I'll do no deals so I get "bummed out". I've tried many times to get consistent deals every month but it hasn't happened for so many years of trying. That's why I thought some of you could chime in and tell of what you're doing. In reality I would be happier with 2 deals every month than do an awesome month where I close 4 then the next month nothing. I've been thinking and what would probably help me do deals every single month is to diversify what I'm doing. Possibly adding in the ugly wholesale side along with what I'm doing with the pretty houses.

I hear you loud and clear. It's nice to get a huge month then I think to myself it's going to be great next month but what happens is that the following month I'll do no deals so I get "bummed out". I've tried many times to get consistent deals every month but it hasn't happened for so many years of trying. That's why I thought some of you could chime in and tell of what you're doing. In reality I would be happier with 2 deals every month than do an awesome month where I close 4 then the next month nothing. I've been thinking and what would probably help me do deals every single month is to diversify what I'm doing. Possibly adding in the ugly wholesale side along with what I'm doing with the pretty houses.

Are you consistently putting out bandit signs? They work wonders.

This topic is brough up by many investors wanting to get it going full time. I think just like MC and Steve said, its a based on what the market gives you. Which means you may have Sushi and redwine for dinner one month and bread and water the next. I would say from my experience is to never over market yourself by thinking you have to spend lots to make this work. Consistently gauge the market and adjust your plan accordingly. Its just like fishing, when one specie of fish is biting, what do fisherman do? They go after that specie. Dont try and make a deal happen if sellers arent biting.

This topic is brough up by many investors wanting to get it going full time. I think just like MC and Steve said, its a based on what the market gives you. Which means you may have Sushi and redwine for dinner one month and bread and water the next. I would say from my experience is to never over market yourself by thinking you have to spend lots to make this work. Consistently gauge the market and adjust your plan accordingly. Its just like fishing, when one specie of fish is biting, what do fisherman do? They go after that specie. Dont try and make a deal happen if sellers arent biting.

I probably work a 15 mile radius from where I live. I'm thinking if I expand my market area to about 30 miles or even 45 miles out I could reach my goal.