The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
MichaelC

Training Class and Seminar With John Jackson

Come to Florida and I will be sitting in the 1st seat. (I don't fly) But I agree it is worth 3K for sure.

You don't have to fly, that's why the airlines have pilots.

You have to fly man! That's how to get places.

Besides, as long as the laws of physics don't change, your odds of crashing will stay low.

Hey, you drive everyday at 60 MPH, with other people traveling the opposite direction at 60MPH, 8 feet away from you in the opposite lane....

Now THAT sounds dangerous!

All this talk about you guys hanging out in bikinis is starting to get a little disturbing. May I suggest going to Rio, Brazil for your next vacation? ;)

Now...back to a serious note....(it's kinda difficult to recover from that, i know)

With both Michael's and John's experience, if you're serious about starting a business, I would suggest looking into their training. I've, obviously, gotten MC's manual and loved it. It's very simple and easy to understand. My biggest problem was placing MC's great info into a system where I could do something with it.

My marketing basically stunk on ice! I wanted......NEEDED......to find a way to get all the information from my head into a program so that I could effectively and efficiently communicate that to the public. I went to see John in December and I'm in the process of rolling out my marketing. Obviously, it will take a while before I can quantify my success but the confidence I now have is exactly what I was looking for.

After A happens, then I move onto B. Then when B is ready, I can say that step C is next. It's going to be easier to communicate the whole process to the sellers and buyers while not sounding like just some "investor guy who is desperate to get a deal done".<----the way it used to be

If you've heard of the Cone of Learning, the best way to learn is by doing and being actively involved with others while they do it. I think MC and John's seminar would be a great example of that. Thanks to both of you and to all those on the forum who have helped me. **You know who you are**

Darin

post-7347-1269210784.gif

Come to Florida and I will be sitting in the 1st seat. (I don't fly) But I agree it is worth 3K for sure.
You don't have to fly, that's why the airlines have pilots.
;) BWAAAHAHA!!

Jonathan, I'm with you 100% I gave up flying long time ago and even if they pay me $1 Million I won't do it..

I may however, take the choo choo train to go places or maybe even a NakedInvestor Cruise :P

BEV!

MC and I had tossed around the idea a little bit about training, but I got really motivated again after there was a post her and Rexford (RexMan) made a comment about "trying it and see if you can do it first" that really got me fired back up and motivated again. (No offense RexMan! Believe me, I'm glad you did!)

You see, I think I've been where most of the people here have been, with the crappy job, and just "making" it.

Living in the comfort zone.

But if you think about it, how comfortable is your comfort zone?

Working for a person or company you don't like, with people you don't like, so you can do crap you don't like, and make an income you don't like.

When I started Leasing to Buy, I spent two hours a night at my job (I had a key so I worked whenever I wanted) making cold calls to people, trying to sell them on my lease purchase company, that I really didn't know that much about. After a few weeks of trying that, I moved on to trying a different approach.

I tried a lot of things that didn't work, but I had to keep trying, because I had to get out of my job. (My comfort zone) because my comfort zone was highly uncomfortable.

If you read this forum, I assume you aren't doing it to burn up time. I assume you are doing it to get out of your comfort zone.

Yet, and this is sad to say, but I think a large number of members here will never pull the trigger. I think they will just keep posting the same questions, but never really do anything with the information.

Maybe it's a fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of success, or maybe just fear of effort.

But if you want to make it, whether it's in real estate or any business, it requires action, effort, and work.

Late last year, Joe McCall came to me, because he knew he had the pieces, but like most people here, wasn't really able to get them to fit together to work like they should.

But he had to make it work. He had no choice. It was sink or swim.

In the last 3 months he's done far better than he has probably done the last year.

He took the information, the system, and went to work.

By the way, he was only here for 2 days vs. the regular 4 days!

Of course I was upset at first when I saw the whole CD thing he was doing. But it wasn't as I had originally feared, and I've talked to Joe about all of that.

But you know what? Water under the bridge now, and I say, good for him for taking the information and making a solid business!

That's why I teach people. So they can get a LIFE!

He did it, and good for him!

So many people will continue to ask questions that don't matter. Those are the people that will never pull the trigger.

I call it the Pizza Place Syndrome.

You want to open a pizza place, but you keep coming up with questions that don't matter, so you don't ever open the pizza place.

"How thick should the mushrooms be?" "Should I offer Calzones?" "How much should I charge for extra toppings?"

All of these questions that DON'T MATTER because you haven't even gotten your business name or anything required on the business side.

So all of these questions you keep thinking of, will bog your mind down and keep you from ever moving forward.

I see that when either myself, or someone has made a very good post that is worthy of keeping, and someone will follow it up with something that just doesn't matter like.."Should I get an extra deposit for cats?"

Yet the person asking that doesn't even have the business model in place, or even talked to a seller yet.

You can come up with questions like that all day, but they don't matter.

So if you want to make this work, this is the perfect opportunity with MC and I teaching together.

Don't let the $3k stop you from starting your business.

If you need to split it up with different methods, fine, call me or e-mail me.

I can run it however you need to.

But the bottom line is we are here to help you build a business, and be successful.

But it's up to you to pull the trigger.

Success doesn't just happen, you have to make it work.

BTW- Hawaii was incredible, and I came back to cold rain, then snow here in Texas. Blah....

Cool Post John,

As I have said too many people I can place the Number of CA's on both hands over the last 5-10 years. My issue a long time ago was a viable business model. I have been proved wrong for sure a couple years ago when you and I exchanged emails (which I appreciate). I have and will probabaly will be the guy with the tools in the tool box. What I have enjoyed that you have taken a techinque and turned it into a business that has gotten you out of the JOB! I have enjoyed that for almost 20 years.

But back to my flying. I am with BEV. If their was a train I would be on it. Forget the boats. Too many people get sick and eat way too much and that is something that I don't need. Who knows. If it is in the summer it would be a great road trip for the family and the dogs.

I call it the Pizza Place Syndrome.

You want to open a pizza place, but you keep coming up with questions that don't matter, so you don't ever open the pizza place.

"How thick should the mushrooms be?" "Should I offer Calzones?"

Funny.

My wife just made these tonight. :P

So if you want to make this work, this is the perfect opportunity with MC and I teaching together.

Don't let the $3k stop you from starting your business.

If you need to split it up with different methods, fine, call me or e-mail me.

I can run it however you need to.

But the bottom line is we are here to help you build a business, and be successful.

But it's up to you to pull the trigger.

Success doesn't just happen, you have to make it work.

I'd love to come hang if you guys are doing this in Florida.

I had the same "problems" as Joe. I knew how to put deals together, but wanted a more systemized

way of doing them...still do. ;)

but wanted a more systemized

way of doing them...still do. ;)

I am with you Jason. I have a product that I buy and sell dealing with diabeties. It is not a huge money maker. But it helps a lot of people. I have been working on a systemized system to do more and work less with it. Because I always need more inventory.

Systems have always facinated me. Like investing, I use to have a buyer that bought properties and I had a salesperson that sold properties for me. It was great.

But the management stunk.... :P

But back to my flying. I am with BEV. If their was a train I would be on it.
And I think the cost of the trip AND the $3K would be tax deductible? Or am I wrong? ;)

I thought the class was gonna take place in FL :P

BEV!

I think my biggest hang-up with the whole CA process is when the T/B goes to get financing

and how the OC is counted toward that.

I know MC has stated numerous times that it only counts toward the purchase price.

John has posted that FHA requires 3.5% down and only deals with those that are able

to qualify for a mortgage in X months, and even sends them to his mortgage place.

(Why would you want to do it any different?) ;)

When I was doing sub2s & owner financing, it was a different story.

They already put their down payment monies down and it's considered a refi...much easier

than a new purchase. Then, there's the whole owner vs. renter mentality. I think the key

is pre-screening as best as possible working with your T/Bs so they can realistically get financing

ASAP.

I love the whole idea, concept, and business model...much like the one John has turned into an empire.

It's just a few things that I need to clear up in my mind before I jump back into doing CAs.

..You see, that's the difference between you and I, Jackson. I'd be hangin' with the bikini crowd while you're worried about scoring points with Ed Begley and Greenpeace.
Someone needs a "Love Modification" FAST before is too late ;)

Yes Bev, anything you spend on your company, such as education, is tax deductible.

I'll be buying everyone's lunch one day at Brio, which is right across from the Hilton, and it's tax deductible.

The purpose in having the class here, is so that you can see/hear what I do and where I do it, since the idea is after all, to duplicate the system.

Plus, I'll be bringing in the person to speak with you all that will be helping you all in regards to credit improvement and mortgages.

It's about me giving you all access to everything or everyone that I use to make it all work.

If we traveled around with the course, it wouldn't be as effective.

The Hilton has a rate of $169 a night for the attendees, or, there is also a ValuePlus Extended Stay that is $170 for a week about 5 minutes away. (Not sure what their nightly rate is)

Since it's about 10 minutes or so from DFW, you could actually just get a cab or van to the hotel, and not rent a car.

If you stay at the Hilton, you can walk 5 minutes to all kinds of awesome places to eat, or even go see a movie.

Thanks for the cudo's Darin! And the Cone Thing. Interesting!

John,

When are you coming to Destin? That's my neck of the woods. Maybe we could get together, and you could give me a mini-course. That way, part of your trip would be deductable.

Have you chartered your fishing boat, yet? I have a friend who is a captain has a charter boat.

Lynn (FL)

John,

When are you coming to Destin? That's my neck of the woods. Maybe we could get together, and you could give me a mini-course. That way, part of your trip would be deductable.

Have you chartered your fishing boat, yet? I have a friend who is a captain has a charter boat.

Lynn (FL)

Thanks for the info Lynn! Cobia season is here, and they put up a good fight!

I wouldn't be able to do a mini-course though.

for me, it's all or nothin! Plus, it's better for you!

I think my biggest hang-up with the whole CA process is when the T/B goes to get financing

and how the OC is counted toward that.

I know MC has stated numerous times that it only counts toward the purchase price.

John has posted that FHA requires 3.5% down and only deals with those that are able

to qualify for a mortgage in X months, and even sends them to his mortgage place.

(Why would you want to do it any different?) ;)

When I was doing sub2s & owner financing, it was a different story.

They already put their down payment monies down and it's considered a refi...much easier

than a new purchase. Then, there's the whole owner vs. renter mentality. I think the key

is pre-screening as best as possible working with your T/Bs so they can realistically get financing

ASAP.

I love the whole idea, concept, and business model...much like the one John has turned into an empire.

It's just a few things that I need to clear up in my mind before I jump back into doing CAs.

Ahhhh Grasshopper....your mind will be clear when you have the clearness of the information.....

Ahhhh Grasshopper....your mind will be clear when you have the clearness of the information.....

I sure could use it. I was gung-ho this time last year.

But, for some reason, shifted focus on other things.

Perhaps I should put a deal together to pay for the

Florida class. B)