The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DrRE

Do I Dare???

Since craigslist ads in my area are getting away with murder, I thought it was my turn. Here's my post:

Heading: Can't sell your home, may want to Rent?

Post body:

We could be a perfect match.

I'm looking for Lease Option or Rent to Own homes and buyers for.

No Realtor commissions, we are not Realtors.

Contact Herb @xxx-xxx-xxxx

Please just a few questions:

- Where is your home located?

- How much are you asking for your home?

- How much would you rent it for?

- How many bedrooms and bathrooms does it have?

Email reply to moc.liamg@XXXXXXX email is backwards to prevent spammers.

Thank You, Herb xxx-xxx-xxxx

OK blow it apart, I borrowed something similar from a LO lady guru.

I like it, Herb.

Straightforward and to the point.

Just be wary of putting your email address within your ad.

Spammers will contact you, regardless.

OK blow it apart, I borrowed something similar from a LO lady guru.

Wendy Patton or Bev? B)

Thanks Jason, Actually I ve had good luck with the backwards email thing and yes it was from WP, I took it off her facebook post.

Like Big Jas said, straightforward and to the point. My preferred approach. This will reduce the number of replies, but the ones who do respond are generally more inclined to give you some serious consideration.

I put it right where people look, in homes for sale. I figure everyone else is posting things there that don't belong so why can't I. Did it this afternoon, if it works I'll share how well. Herbster

I put it right where people look, in homes for sale. I figure everyone else is posting things there that don't belong so why can't I. Did it this afternoon, if it works I'll share how well. Herbster

How are you going to keep it on the first page or two? With agents spamming both FSBO and FSBA lists, ads I've put up last less than 10 minutes before disappearing in the mass of crap, assuming they weren't instantly ghosted by craigslist. I've never received a single reply to such ads, whether the copy was mine or another's (I think I used an ad from BEV once).

Randian, My local market is probably smaller than yours. There is usually a 1 - 1&1/2 page list every day. I renew my posts in the mid to late afternoon so its upfront. If I deside to see it every day I use 2 accounts(emails). I'm tempted to post twice a day with a different heading "Can't Sell yur Home, No commissions"

Even if your ads get buried in Craigslist, you can still show up in the search engines.

I've had several clickable ads I've posted in Craigslist that have shot straight to the

top of the rankings for certain keyword terms.

Google loves Craigslist.

Two weeks and two replys but no business. Honestly I haven't tried very hard. Show my new Lake property(LO) tomorrow and picked up a great country ranch on a straight option. Seems as though I get more out of staters and 6 month replys. Herbster

Two weeks and two replys but no business. Honestly I haven't tried very hard. . .

:ninja: Are you sure the homeowner isn't reading this thread?