The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Jonathan RexfordFL

Trying some Picture Marketing on CL

Trying something different. It seems to work when I am selling a home. I thought if I placed something like this on CL maybe get some hits. Plus what else am I going to do on a Saturday Night......

RTO.jpg

NewStats.jpg

Hey Jonathan,

I think it's great! In my opinion most people would at least scan through it instead of clicking to the next ad. The ad feels casual and friendly yet has a ping of professionalism and trust in there... probably from the word realty. Boy I miss Vero Beach. In Cleveland Ohio now.. Grey sky, cold winters... but cheap real estate B) Did all my flight training down there. Now that's turned into the BIG JAY OH BEE..... (JOB)...... lower wages every year and working to make others rich... B)

Anyway am I correct that you are also an a realtor. If so have you found that to be a more or less of a help when putting together these types of deals? I also work for a real estate brokerege in Ohio but it seems my broker isn't all on board with anything really creative these days. Any thoughts?

Looks good, JR!

Personally, I've had better conversions with clickable ads on CraigsList.

Shoot, you can even start a nice side business creating them for those using the boring text ads.

I know of some that have charged on upwards of $500 per ad.

Hey Jonathan,

I think it's great! In my opinion most people would at least scan through it instead of clicking to the next ad. The ad feels casual and friendly yet has a ping of professionalism and trust in there... probably from the word realty. Boy I miss Vero Beach. In Cleveland Ohio now.. Grey sky, cold winters... but cheap real estate B) Did all my flight training down there. Now that's turned into the BIG JAY OH BEE..... (JOB)...... lower wages every year and working to make others rich... B)

Anyway am I correct that you are also an a realtor. If so have you found that to be a more or less of a help when putting together these types of deals? I also work for a real estate brokerege in Ohio but it seems my broker isn't all on board with anything really creative these days. Any thoughts?

I have found that being licensed has led me to more deals. Never a problem. I do have some agents that get jealous and try to raise a stink every now and then. I look for the mom and pop type brokerage firms to work with. Franchise units have too much.....garbage to deal with.

Looks good, JR!

Shoot, you can even start a nice side business creating them for those using the boring text ads.

Jason,

That is cool to hear. Not sure how to make them clickable unless that is what I have done. By placing my website as the clickable image?

Nice work, Jonathan. I especially like that top billboard ad. That ought to get some replies.

Just as an aside, during some downtime yesterday I shot out 20 emails to Craig's List FSBO's. I received 5 replies asking for more info. I'll take that response rate every time. Bottom line: contact homeowners every day, every way.

MC.....don't act like you don't know how to advertise. I've seen your ads all over the place:

post-7347-1276464822.jpg

post-7347-1276464837.jpg

post-7347-1276464875.jpg

Looks good, JR!

Jason,

That is cool to hear. Not sure how to make them clickable unless that is what I have done. By placing my website as the clickable image?

Yeah, there's some HTML code, along with somewhere to host the picture (like PhotoBucket), to make 'em clickable.

I haven't checked yours. Are these 2 clickable?

Looks good!

So, I take it you're giving CAs a go?

MC.....don't act like you don't know how to advertise. I've seen your ads all over the place:

HAHAHAHA! Now that's funny! Someone has been taking PhotoShop lessons, I gather. B)

Hey Jonathan,

I think your CL ad is very, very cool. Would you help me learn something new today?

Just curious where you look for background pictures? Google images, or paid sites?

Then how do you import your picture and text, picasa, GIMP, or something fancy (and expensive) such as photoshop?

A very sincere THANK YOU for all of the help you have given on this board!

Steve

P.S. Now that the ad has been running a few weeks, what are the early results?

The ad brought in a few clicks. Nothing more. I had a graphic designer make me some Bill Boards with my picture on the side. It is actually a Greeting Card that I use. All I do is place my TEXT on top of the greeting card and then upload to photobucket. I can snatch a HTML code and paste that into CL.