The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
BEV!

MUSIC To My Ears Marketing

Couple of years ago, I posted on this forum something I wanted to share about a marketing tip but totally forgot all about it.

Well, before I forget it again, here's what I wanted to share.. is no big deal but when I tried it, it ranked my page very high which it was not my intention to do.

Anyway, I discovered this by accident. Maybe is not news anymore these days, but 4 yrs ago when I implemented this, it was very new to me and it worked GREAT! (keep in mind things may have changed today or maybe not) but here it goes.....

Four years ago, I became a paid member on a music download site ( unlimited downloads bla bla bla)

I downloaded lots of songs with the sole purpose of uploading them to my own server so I could create my own music library.

After a couple of months of having my own music library from my server, I checked my page stats and to my surprise, the site where I had all my music in, was sky high with hundreds of one way links to my site :o

I had no idea how that was possible as I hadn't done any SEO or nothing to it. All I wanted was my private music library I had created that's all. My domain was brand new at that time too.

Anyway, I then searched for the one way links and found out that sites like MySpace had my music in their site with a link to my site available to all their members for download, and all the other social sites that have music in them had my music with my links on them.. And we all know how may members MySpace and all the other hundreds social sites have, right? MILLIONS of them.. Imagine my songs with my links on every one of those site! I almost passed out. :blink:

And people from all over the world were linking to my site as every time they did a search on google for a song, my site will pop up and they will download the song while viewing my site :lol:

I had no idea this was going on until I checked for my page stats and blogs.... but oh well.

Don't know how things work these days, but it sure was very exciting 4 years ago when I did it B)

BEV!

I'm surprised the RIAA didn't send you a cease and desist notice for running an unauthorized download site.