The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
GeorgiaNT

Ideas for Flyers, Bandit Signs???

Hey Everyone,

On my quest to find FSBO or FRBO who will agree to let me put an option on their prop.

I want to start some other marketing besides emails, and cold calls. Has anyone used

the standard "we buy houses " to bring in leads? I was thinking about something like

" House wont sell "

I can help

Call xxx-xxxx

I've just learned this week that I have like 3 competitors in my same zip code! :closedeyes: I want

to try something out of the box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading..

Do you find it a problem using the ..we buy houses sign.. to convert them over to lease option sellers.

How do you spin it from I'll buy your house in 48hrs to are you open to a lease purchase????

Thanks for reading

Do you find it a problem using the ..we buy houses sign.. to convert them over to lease option sellers.

How do you spin it from I'll buy your house in 48hrs to are you open to a lease purchase????

Thanks for reading

Not at all. I will buy their home in 48hrs based on my price and terms. If I want to Buy it in 48hrs on a lease purchase then great. if I want to buy it in 48hrs sub2 then good, if I want to buy in 48hrs all cash that is okay to.

GeorgiaNT, don't be timid about trying different strokes. You won't know what gives you the best bang for your buck until you try an idea and track the results. The key is to do something that puts you in touch with homeowners. Jonathan's sign will get your phone ringing, and I like your idea, as well.

As for the other investors in your area, so what? That only means your area supports real estate investors. If not, they wouldn't be there. Besides, you probably know more than they do. :closedeyes: Don't sweat it. Think about how many Home Depots and Lowes are positioned a mile away from each other. They know the local market can support both, and they believe they are better than their competition. You are, too.

So I'm planning on doing a convert bandit sign mission Friday night :closedeyes:

Phone starts ringing with prospects who think I can buy their house on Saturday.

Which script do you guys/gals use to convert them to CA prospects?

Thanks for reading..

What do the bandit signs say?

I don't like the idea of a script, per se. You don't want to sound canned. Besides, each homeowner you speak to will be different: their personality, their ability to understand you, their preferences, etc. So having a script isn't always beneficial.

The best advice I can give you is to get them to talk and for you to listen. You don't want this to be an interrogation. During the course of a (hopefully) relaxed conversation, you are going to note the advantages of what you are offering and how it fills the homeowners needs. You may be rough the first few times, Norm. Not the end of the world. We all were. The only way to get good at this is by doing and gaining experience.

Honestly I don't know what the signs are going to say yet

I'm torn between the old faithful We Buy Houses and something different like

House wont" Sell? I think I'm gonna split them up 50/50.

I get cha though MC I'm working, I'm currently doing email marketing and cold calls.

Thanks for reading..

There was a bandit sign last year that seemed to work really well. They were stuck in the ground everywhere. I had a couple sellers ask if I knew of...

"Erica"

Buys Houses

She branded her name and it seemed to worked.

That could be an option as well...I'm going to stop thinking about it so hard and just

put the freaking We Buy Houses signs out. Like MC says if it didnt work people

wouldn't still be doing it. I don't have the money or the time to experiment right now.

Don't sellers who read "buy in 48 hours" signs and then find out you're really offering "buy in a year" feel they've been hit by a bait-and-switch?

Don't sellers who read "buy in 48 hours" signs and then find out you're really offering "buy in a year" feel they've been hit by a bait-and-switch?
Possibly. But each homeowner is different and will react differently to your offer.