The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Geovanni

Kicking my tires here in New York City.

I had the opportunity to speak with MichaelC awhile back and reccommended I try my hand at online marketing. I wrote a canned email that essentially covers all the benefits of lease purchasing and sent mass emails through craigslist. I don't know any other sources to find home sellers so I'm limited. I got an email from one owner showing interest and I thought I'd have a deal but she was from Connecticut, and asking for one year in advance In rent @ $2,100 a mnth with a purchase price of $200k. I called another homeowner showing interest and got voicemail and left a message. The thing is that with New York city, most family are 2 families and more. Can you even lease purchase on those properties? Is my marketing too narrow, and if so, what sources should I be using? I can't afford direct mail at them moment so I'm kinda limited but I have the motivation to make it work.

Regards,

Geovanni.

Hi, Geovanni. Multifamily properties can work with lease purchasing, but I think if you are starting out it is easier to focus on bread and butter single family properties. You propably need to expand your market outside of your immediate neighborhood, into a more suburban environment where SFR's are the norm.

If you are limited in your marketing dollars, then you need to market for free or very inexpensively. That means sending emails, marketing online on all the various free sites we talked about, and perhaps some bandit signs to make the phone ring.