The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
<Steve>

Construction?

What's Up? Residential construction? :blush:

I am noticing new residential construction starting here and there. It is starting up in existing subdivisions that went dead after the boom. I called a local builder I know and he said there is some activity and he is starting a "spec" house of all things in one of his subdivions that has been dead for the past 3 years.

Anyone else seeing any new residential construction activity? There is still a lot of vacant foreclosures around.

Interesting, Steve, but I suspect this is a very localized thing. I don't see any boom or even a slight urge to build spec homes in or around my area. The latest figures released last week paint a glum picture: don't let the headline fool ya :blush:

On a personal note, I have been working with a builder friend of mine and we have been trying to find a buyer for his entire subdivision for around two years now. A few tire kickers, but my impression is that those in the know are frightened and uncertain about what lies ahead. But should you know anyone interested in buying an unfinished subdivision at a bargain basement price, please do tell. I'll gladly put $25K in your pocket for your troubles.

The builder to my surprise called me this morning actually twice. :huh: He let me know that he has buyers for his new houses, but his problem is that they cannot sell their existing poperties. He mentioned that he has done purchase/renters before (lol) and asked if I would be able to help with his buyers trying to sell their houses. Well you know it didn’t take a minute for me to say, “You bet!” :) But I place tenant/buyers (lol). Anyway, I explained what I do and how I can help. Don’t know if anything will come out of this as his buyer will also need to be a motivated seller, but at least a seed is planted and there is a builder out there marketing my business as an alternative to his real estate agent and the traditional way of doing things. “Help me help you!”