The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
spleano

Occupied Showings

Hahaha!

So true, Dino!

I don't encourage sellers to be present during showings, but I guess I never thought about asking them to leave while I show the house. Hmm....

(A seller once said to me, "Why should I have to get up after a bender? You have a lockbox code. Use the key.")

Dino, you promised me our conversations were off the record. <_<

As an agent, I would not list sellers that insisted on being present during showings or that wouldn't accept the fact that there dining room could not be listed as a third bedroom just because they've used it that way for the past twenty years, etc. I wondered if all of you put up with this kind of insubordination as investors. I would laugh out loud, but if a seller isn't going to take the back seat when it comes to my area of expertise; they should sell the house themselves. Am I too harsh??

No, you're not too harsh. I always preach "stay in control". And if the homeowner is making all sorts of demands, such as an over-the-market price, that they be present for showings, etc., that's all I need to hear to know I can't work with that person. Next. . .