The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

Asking for testimonials?

Hey everyone!

With C/A numero uno behind me I'm on the hunt for C/A number 2!

I was curious if anyone here asks their sellers and tenant/buyers for testimonials after putting together a deal?

I'm thinking about dropping off a plant for the T/B's of this past deal to put on their front porch to add some color and a bit of charm to their new house as well as a short note congratulating them on their new home, and I'd like to ask for a testimonial from them as well. I'm thinking that I'll send a note to the seller as well, also asking for a testimonial from him.

Does anyone else do anything like this? I'd like to have a collection of testimonials from buyers AND sellers for my website as well as my "credibility kit" which I'm working on putting together.

How should I ask for a testimonial?

Thanks!

Chris, I have what I call my Portfolio Binder, (quite a few of them, actually), which is just what it sounds like. A three ring binder with page after page of done deals, each page showing a photo and the details of the deal. Included on each page is the homeowner's name and number so any homeowner wanting references is free to flip through the book and call. When I walk into the house I drop the binder on the table. They ask, "What's this?" I explain, and they almost never bother to ask for references or call. It is an immediate credibility builder.

As for t/b testimonials, I have never pursued that angle.

Hi Chris,

I've done testimonials since day one (many years now) from T/B and Home Owners.

I usually include this sheet at the closing day.. After they fill out all the agreements paperwork, I then give each one of them a testimonial sheet where they can write about their experience with my services.. I tell them is optional but they are both so happy at the moment that they always write something... I then take pictures of them and attach it to the testimonial sheet.

I'm now even doing video and audio testimonials as well for both t/b and homeowners which I will be using on my sites.

Why do I do this testimonials? I don't do it to show it to prospect T/B or home owners when they ask for references.. no way!

I simply do it for motivational purpose (myself) to see my accomplishment which is what keeps me going every day. :blush:

BEV!

I put testimonials in the page margins of my web site. I also have a page in the web site with examples of completed deals in different cities of my marketing area. Most important I always keep 3 to 4 resent sellers on hand as references. Time to time if asked I will give out there contact info. to email or call for a reference, with their permission of course. I don’t do much with tenant/buyers but will send a welcome to your new home card if it is a SLO.