The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

Keeping track of FSBO's/FRBO's you market to

For those of you who are marketing (be it email, direct mail, or phone calls) to FSBO's from online classifieds, signs, newspapers, etc., how do you keep track of who you've contacted and who you haven't? Also, do you follow up with the "No" and "Maybe" answers after 30 days or anything like that to see if they've changed their minds?

I use RealProspect for my direct mail marketing and I've been trying to get email campaigns to work from RealProspect, but with the anonymous CraigsList email addresses that most people have listed and without having specific addresses all the time I haven't figured out an effective/efficient way to do this.

What systems have you guys been using that have worked well?

Hey there Chris...

Here is a link from the "way-back machine" that would be a good resource for you.

I believe that it's very similar to the spreadsheet Bev :huh: developed/uses and it's pretty much the same thing i'm using for tracking my FRBO's.

Use the link below to go to the specific Naked topic & about 3/4 down the page, rbaras left a link which you can download and use.

http://www.naked-investor.com/forums/index...=5905&st=30

Best wishes,

Darin

Chris, I have to confess to being decidedly lo-tech when it comes to these things. Hell, my wife just got me a new cell phone and it took me most of the weekend to figure out how to answer the damn thing when it rings. :huh:

Anyway, my desk is a mess of scribbled notes and PostIts. That pretty much sums up my system. Look, if someone is continually marketing online and I hit them up more than once, I may get an irate email telling me to scram. I'll make a point of noting this and move on. Otherwise, it's damn the torpedoes and bang out more emails.

Chris, I have to confess to being decidedly lo-tech when it comes to these things. Hell, my wife just got me a new cell phone and it took me most of the weekend to figure out how to answer the damn thing when it rings. :huh:

Anyway, my desk is a mess of scribbled notes and PostIts. That pretty much sums up my system. Look, if someone is continually marketing online and I hit them up more than once, I may get an irate email telling me to scram. I'll make a point of noting this and move on. Otherwise, it's damn the torpedoes and bang out more emails.

Sounds like we currently have a similar organizational system (gave me a good idea for an off-topic thread!)

Your approach to duplicate emails makes sense... It's hard keeping track of houses based on pictures and descriptions that change every time they're posted again.

Darin, thanks for that link! Simple but effective!

Hi Chris,

When I market to c/l or others I keep the email if seller answers my inquiry, as for others that i send an inquiry to, if they do not respond, I do not try to keep in a file. just to many to try to manage

I did want to ask you about realprospect data base.as I was thinking of using it, along with there website.

Have you found it to be a good investment?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I bought RealProspect 6 or 7 months ago and have been subscribed to RealInvestorWebsites for a little longer than that, and have found both to be totally worthwhile.

I used to do a LOT of direct mail marketing and RealProspect made managing SEVERAL different campaigns a breeze! It's easy to use, you can import .csv files (Great if you buy lists or put them together in excel), you can set up direct mail and email campaigns that run automatically pretty much, and you can also use it as a personal organizer for appointments, follow-up calls, etc. Plus you can keep track of related info to each record/property (list price, ARV [input comps and other info], repairs [and break the repairs down], offers, etc.) and manage buyers and other contacts as well.

Their website service is great too... easy to use, customizable if you want, but ready to go as-is if you prefer that route too. Easy to use feedback forms, squeeze pages, password protected pages... plus you can connect your websites to RealProspect and automatically import data from squeeze pages and feedback forms (which would put them automatically onto whatever campaign you have set up for them)

I'm not getting paid for this testimonial or anything, but I truly have gotten my moneys worth and then some from both products and really find both tools to be extremely valuable, so I highly recommend them both.

If you wanna check out a few websites I've made with RealInvestorWebsites check out RentToOwnMass.com ChrisPaysCash.com or MassachusettsRealEstateHelp.com (Hope it's alright with MichaelC, not trying to drive traffic to the sites but just wanted to share some examples of what can be done with this service)

. . .If you wanna check out a few websites I've made with RealInvestorWebsites check out RentToOwnMass.com ChrisPaysCash.com or MassachusettsRealEstateHelp.com (Hope it's alright with MichaelC, not trying to drive traffic to the sites but just wanted to share some examples of what can be done with this service)

No prob. The paperwork is being FedExed as we speak. 25% ownership stake, as agreed to.