The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
Don47

Getting T/B to call

I have been somewhat successful in putting under contract a few houses to L/O. I have put them on Craig's List with a link to my website that goes right to the page the home is on. I am getting a lot of views and "click thrus", but no calls! I have several pictures and a video tour. These are nice houses in good neighborhoods. I did comparables to set the asking price and they are priced below what seems to be their current market value. But still no calls. On one particular house, my Craig's List ad shows 327 views and 101 "click thrus". This house is 12 years old top condition. My area covered on Craig's List is somewhat larger (all of NW Georgia) than say a city coverage area, so I know I will be getting many "sight seers", rather than T/B looking to L/O in my particular county. But apart from that, can anyone reading this post give me some help in getting the phone to ring. Thanks

Don, I like to say there are only two reasons why we can't move a house. Either the terms are wrong or no one knows about it. Based on your post, it sounds like the purchase price is correct. What about the monthly rent? Are you offering rent credits? Are you quoting option money figures in your ads?

What about the marketing? What else are you doing besides the online ads? Any signs in the neighborhood or on the property?

I have been somewhat successful in putting under contract a few houses to L/O. I have put them on Craig's List with a link to my website that goes right to the page the home is on. I am getting a lot of views and "click thrus", but no calls! I have several pictures and a video tour. These are nice houses in good neighborhoods. I did comparables to set the asking price and they are priced below what seems to be their current market value. But still no calls. On one particular house, my Craig's List ad shows 327 views and 101 "click thrus". This house is 12 years old top condition. My area covered on Craig's List is somewhat larger (all of NW Georgia) than say a city coverage area, so I know I will be getting many "sight seers", rather than T/B looking to L/O in my particular county. But apart from that, can anyone reading this post give me some help in getting the phone to ring. Thanks

Michael thanks for your reply. I have a sign in the front yard with flyers. The rent is $950.00 with a purchase price of 142,500.00. The house is also being advertised for rent by the owner (he is also a investor). Very few calls from his ad as well. His ad is in the local paper. My ad on Craig's List gets a wider exposure, however. My ad says 30% rent credits for the first 12 months and the terms of financing are spelled out as a L/o, noting an option deposit, no specific amount mentioned and credit improvement help assistance, if needed.

I can't seem to stop people from calling looking for RTO in my area, I'm just in need of properties to sell!

What are your craigslist ads like? What section are you posting in?

Put bandit signs up on all the main roads near the house and off of any highways if they're around (people put 'em on the yield/stop signs at the end of exit ramps around here and they seem to stay there for WEEKS before anyone takes them!)

Do you have Facebook? I got some calls from ads I put on Craigslist (Not paid ads, just posting the house for rent to own with pictures and stuff)

When people know about a house and it still fails to sell it is generally because the price is not right. You say that you've priced it below market value. Maybe you should consider pricing it WAY below (e.g., $25K - $35K) below value. This should hopefully attract lots of buyers eager to snag an awesome deal. Then get a bidding war started. This should drive the price up to what you were originally hoping to get.