The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
verbatim

Emailing Contracts to Sellers

The real truth is, if a seller wants you to email you your documents for review, they're not motivated enough, or you're explaining the CA to abstractly.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why I have problems connecting with sellers. I tend to speak in a fairly abstract and emotion-free manner regarding the benefits of lease-purchasing. It's not that they don't understand, but that they never seem enthusiastic. Perhaps I should prime them first with a lecture on Abelian groups :huh:

Then again, it sounds like John isn't getting lovey-dovey with sellers either.

My pet name for MC is Mescal..because he likes to suck the worm...

Wheeeee!!!!! ATL is going to be a HOOT!!!!

Why you !@#$%&*!! :huh:

The real truth is, if a seller wants you to email you your documents for review, they're not motivated enough, or you're explaining the CA to abstractly.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why I have problems connecting with sellers. I tend to speak in a fairly abstract and emotion-free manner regarding the benefits of lease-purchasing. It's not that they don't understand, but that they never seem enthusiastic. Perhaps I should prime them first with a lecture on Abelian groups ;)

Then again, it sounds like John isn't getting lovey-dovey with sellers either.

I don't get lovey dovey with them I guess. I really have it down I guess to:

1) They call me or e-mail me for info.

2) I call them(unless they've e-mailed then I have the info I need from the form) and give them a 30 second schpeel on our program, adn then tell them I need to get a few pieces of info from them, and that I can put some preliminary figures together and e-mail them some info, so we can first make sure it's a good fit for them financially. (This usually takes about 4 minutes or so of phone time)

3) I use my seller price sheet and put the figures together in about 60 seconds and e-mail it off with a preset explanation that is on my Mac sticky notes.

4) I follow up a few days later by phone or e-mail to see if they have any questions and if so answer those.

5) I send the docs to them and tell them to make a list of questions so we can review those and make any necessary adjustments to the docs, then our rep can get the ball rolling.

Very simple, very easy....then I drink tequila and go mudding.

post-321-1282853758.jpg

Don't lie. We all know you went to take pics of that really nice renovated 1Bed/0Bath hut you got under contract the day before and got stuck.

Either that...or you turned onto a muddy side street during a high speed car/truck chase to ditch a Tenant/Buyer who was chasing you trying to get their Option Consideration back. ;)

After I pulled it out, which took multiple attempts from a tow truck over 2 days...I drove straight to my daughter's school to pick her up...she's going to be so popular this year....all the Mercede's and Jag's lined up to pick up their kids, and I drive up in a mud mobile....nice...

Hello All,

I snail mailed docs out several days ago. After getting the "I need to have my attorney review them." line; it's been 6 more days. I already feel like the seller or her attorney is trying to steal my docs. The spread on this deal is not that great and it is almost October (height of the buying season over). Unfortunately, my offer didn't include an expiration. Would you withdraw this offer? I want my docs back Dam* It!! Thanks for all of your help. All of the time.

X-Agent

Dino

I would follow up with the seller and see if there were items the attorney wanted adjusted etc. More than likely, the seller has no attorney, and if the seller does, the attorney probably doesn't know squat about real estate. If you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from the seller, then you could send a withdraw notice if you wanted, assuming this was a sanwhich deal. sandwhich sandwich there. I can NEVER remember how to spell that stupid word...

If you don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from the seller, then you could send a withdraw notice if you wanted...

Thanks pilot. I haven't had a "warm fuzzy feeling" from this seller for a while now. I hate when sellers drag their feet. I want to be in control of the transaction. Should of, Would of, Could of.... Next time I'll include an expiration date on my agreements. I want to withdraw just on principal. Who does she think she is, not performing in a timely manner? I would lol, but I'm half way serious. :angry:

X-Agent

Dino

Dino, there's a lesson to be learned here. One, always include an expiration date on your offer. It let's the homeowner know you're serious, or at least it should.

Two, never email/fax/mail your contracts to anybody to "take a look at". You accompany them, and when you leave the building so does your paperwork. If someone runs the old, "I want to show these to my attorney" routine, 99.674% of the time it's BS. But if they insist, don't argue. Reply by saying that "It is against company policy to send or leave blank contracts with anyone", and then ask them for their attorney's name and number so you can contact him directly and meet. Stay in control!

As for this particular homeowner, it's been long enough. Give her a call and pin her down for an answer. If they stall further, withdraw the offer and move on. At this point they aren't taking you seriously. Then, keep your eyes on the local FSBO sites and see if they are now advertising theiri house as a Rent to Own, utilizing your ideas and contracts. :angry:

Stay in control!
Thanks Michael.

Great forum, great material, great support. I am emailing my withdrawal now. I don't like pompous sellers. This cr*p won't happen again.

X-Agent

Dino

Now here is what I do. When I get sellers that want to have there attorney look at the contracts. I say great. What I will do is to send you our Attorney Approved Packet for his review. It will have our company name on the contract, it will also have SAMPLE stamped as a watermark. Can you please do me a favor and provide me your attorney's name so we can fax or email the documents?

My docs are all watermarked, which comes out even darker if it's faxed or copied, so I never worry about it, but you could certainly watermark them with SAMPLE.