The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
speedingpenguin

Where to find out about recent evictions in the area?

Hey everyone

I'd like to be marketing to landlords who have had evictions recently.

Is this public record? What are the usual ways to get this information?

Thanks!

-Chris

Yes, this is public record. You can get this information at the courthouse, or online.

Lynn (FL)

Lynn, do you have a link to an online resource that you would recommend?

I go to my county Clerk of Courts website. Not sure if there's a National database of that type of information.

Lynn (FL)

Like Lynn said, the starting point would be the county office. Depending upon how the particular county is set up, it might be called Clerk of the Courts, Office of Records, etc. If you make some phone calls you should be able to unravel your county's mysteries. ;)

Have either one of you had success with this type of marketing? I'm sure it's like everything else. Another marketing avenue.

Hmm... I'll make some phone calls tomorrow and track it down I guess. I've had a few pissed off landlords call me in the past from other lists (absentee's, expired listings, etc.) who couldn't stop telling me all of the terrible problems they had with tenants they currently were thinking about evicting or had recently evicted...

I'd LOVE to have more of them calling me to tell me about their tenants who are driving them insane, I would think these would be among the BEST people to be marketing to. They're obviously willing to rent the house and there's a good chance they'd like to get out of it if they can recoup some of their investment and not have headaches.

Marketing to tired landlords is the main theme of Joe Kaiser's Lease Purchase course.

Lynn (FL)

Never heard of him or his course. Does he just suggest marketing to absentee owners or does he go specifically after evictions/vacant houses?

You use to find Joe on several creative real estate forums, but he's been quiet for several years. He no longer publishes his courses, but you can find them on eBay sometimes.

In his Lease Purchase course, he taught you how to find evictions in your area, and gave you examples of letters and postcards to mail to landlords. He also showed you how to negotiate with the seller, and then how to market and fine qualified tenant buyers.

Lynn (FL)