The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
timmym22

80% of all real estate transactions go through the mls

Hey everyone,

Just thinking out loud right now......80% of all transactions go through the mls. Most homeowners when they want to sell go to a realtor. Most homeowners want the most marketing exposure they can possibly get. I have put out bandit signs, sent emails on craigslist, every marketing piece you can think of. When you avoid the mls you are going after 20% of the deals that are out there. Would it not make more sense to go where the low hanging fruit is? I have access to the mls and can run keyword searches on active listings. Should i send direct mail to these listings that have homes that are vacant? Also, send letters to expired listings? Craigslist mostly has investors advertising and savvy homeowners from my experience. Pilot do you still just send direct mail to active listings?

What do you guys think?

Hey everyone,

Just thinking out loud right now......80% of all transactions go through the mls. Most homeowners when they want to sell go to a realtor. Most homeowners want the most marketing exposure they can possibly get. I have put out bandit signs, sent emails on craigslist, every marketing piece you can think of. When you avoid the mls you are going after 20% of the deals that are out there. Would it not make more sense to go where the low hanging fruit is? I have access to the mls and can run keyword searches on active listings. Should i send direct mail to these listings that have homes that are vacant? Also, send letters to expired listings? Craigslist mostly has investors advertising and savvy homeowners from my experience. Pilot do you still just send direct mail to active listings?

What do you guys think?

That is actually all I do. In my opinion, it is far easier to get the sellers on board when THEY are calling YOU. When you are calling them, you are now a salesman, having to sell your product. When they call me, I can easily and quickly run through the program and see if it's a good fit for them. I don't have to sell them on it.

As a matter of fact, if you haven't been to my class website, you should go there to see the video of the mailout I'm about to do, and I'm putting a followup video on there this weekend or so since the mailout is complete. I'm about to pound out about 6500 pieces of mail, and I'll get a minimum of 30 houses over the next 60-90 days, and a lot more than that for a year. I don't tout the training site here, but I guess I could put a link here since..HELLOOOO...it is MC and I doing the training... www.leaseoptionclasses.com go to the blog to see some of the videos. I just did a newsletter as well about getting sellers on board.

• Like 1

ActionJackson, just to be clear then, you send out your mailing to homeowners who are currently listed with a Realtor? Or are you targeting listings that have recently expired?

I'm about to pound out about 6500 pieces of mail, and I'll get a minimum of 30 houses over the next 60-90 days, and a lot more than that for a year.

By which do you mean "a minimum of 30 signed deals" or "a minimum of 30 calls"?

My VA does it all for me and sends me the labels templates.

I just got one today with about 2800 labels.

I'll make a screencast video and post it on a newsletter if it helps.

John,

That would be great!

I do the very slow way. I search the MLS at Realtor.com for properties with a listed address and then check forwarding address on Public Records. I hired it out the last time and it saved a lot of time. But I would love to see how you are doing it, I am sure it is a much better way lol.

Cole and John,

Are you using someone local, and if so, how did you find them?

After you mail to your MLS list, do you follow-up with another mailing to the same list, of just move on to the next batch?

John,

I don't think you're a Realtor, right? So, how are you getting the listed owner's mailing info?

Thanks,

Lynn (FL)

Possibly a stupid question but wouldn't you just mail to the address listed in MLS?

I'm really interested in this. Sounds like it costs a fair amount to send 6500 pieces of mail but if you automate everything, it might not be so bad.

By mailing to the MLS address, there may be an case where the owner does not live in the property. It may an investment property with a tenant living in it.

Lynn (FL)

My VA does it all for me and sends me the labels templates.

I just got one today with about 2800 labels.

I'll make a screencast video and post it on a newsletter if it helps.

Hi John,

I couldn't find this video. Can you please provide a link?

Thanks

Erik

Yes Please give link to the video,

I am having my VA, Wife, Myselft, and our two Dogs putting together Labels so I can get my 1000 mail piece out....manually pulling the addresses and running them through the county assessor is very time consuming...

IS THERE A BETTER WAY

p.S. Don't tell the Border Patrol that I also have a sweat shop where I have 10 illegals pulling addresses for me as well....