The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
timmym22

80% of all real estate transactions go through the mls

. . .p.S. Don't tell the Border Patrol that I also have a sweat shop where I have 10 illegals pulling addresses for me as well....

Didn't you hear, Tim? There is no Border Patrol in AZ. The Feds are going to build a wall sometime real soon.

hmmmm.....

Completely disagree....

The seller (motivated seller)

You are looking for....

Should be...

A. Chasing you

B. Likely hasn't thought about selling

as option until they receieved or have seen

your marketing.... and then the AHA happens

and they think.. Hey.. they will buy my house

and that will sovle my problem...

If you chase sellers...

A. the positioning is wrong...

B. They have likely already spent the equity...

Oh yea MC, I thought I did hear something about that...perhaps I should go into the masonry business or fence business....I can hire some illegals to build it for me...

Lomax,

Sign up for John's next online course, and he gives you the name of his VA who is already familiar with his program. She can pull the MLS listed properties and cross them with the county tax records for you. She will even print the labels, unless you want to do that yourself.

Lynn (FL)

OmyGOSH! This is an exciting thread! I looooove direct mail---not the coast but I had great success with it 10 yrs ago. Pilot I will check out your website and classes. I don't have the money for it right now but that will change soon.

I always hand addressed my envelopes---I'm surprised you use labels. Can't wait to see what you have goin on!

Thanks everyone for this thread!

Soooo, I've been kinda obsessing about a property. I know it's against the rules. BUT I lost this house back in 1995 due to hardships in my life----I had to just walk away from it. I had bought it from the owner on an aitd and made payments for 3 years. I just handed it back to her (oos owner).

She sold it again to another couple who are using it as a rental. It has been on the mls for 77 days now. I am going to mail them at their mailing address. If this were you would you say anything sentimental about the home---"It used to belong to my family; we had so many great times there". Or just treat it as another mailing to a landlord.

It may seems obvious to you----but as you can see I still have heart in that home. I can get over it but not without giving it my all. My dream is to own that house again.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The other couple who are using it as a rental. . .do they now have it on the MLS for sale?

As for contacting them about it, my thinking is expressing an emotional attachment to the property puts them in a stronger position. They have something you desperately want. Their thinking may be to wait you out until you meet their terms. Of course, it's all speculation on my part. They could be as motivated a seller as exists for reasons unknown.

Yes Michael, it's on the mls----for 77 days. You could be right about giving them ammo in the deal. It could go either way; no way of knowing. I'll sent them a series of postcards and see what happens.

Thanks!