The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Contacted by 13 Sellers in One Day!

Ok, guys I get it. That was my best argument. And I see your point that it is best to stay out of whatever agreement the seller has with the agent. It's none of my business. I explained my business to the seller and it's his responsibility to make sure he is good to do the deal with me, and if not, the seller can walk away. I do use a seller's disclosure currently and I think I can add some simple verbiage so the seller understands this.

When all is said and done, I think we can agree that John has hit on a rich source of potential deals.
Agreed. It's pretty amazing really.

I would love to start marketing to listed properties. But I don't look good hanging from a tree.

:D Yeah, I could see how that would create some bad vibes, Rex. Better sleep with one eye open. B)

It isn't all that bad. When I do my regular "Sell Your House" message, I have to place FREC REG across the bottom. I get call all the time about the signs, but the other question is what the heck is FREC REG!

John,

If you take the calls yourself, what is the responsibility of the Representative?

Lynn (FL)

I take all of the calls from the sellers. I put the figures together and send them to the sellers on my Seller PRice Sheet with a copy and paste explanation of each figure.

I show a video of this on training site.

Then, I answer the sellers questions, send the docs to them, answer any additional questions, and then hand it off to the rep, who coordinates to get the pictures, signs up, and loaded on the websites.

The rep then takes all of the tenant calls and does the showings.

Once we get an application, it comes to me to process.

Voila!

A simple business amigo!

John,

If you take the calls yourself, what is the responsibility of the Representative?

Lynn (FL)

I take all of the calls from the sellers. I put the figures together and send them to the sellers on my Seller PRice Sheet with a copy and paste explanation of each figure.

I show a video of this on training site.

Then, I answer the sellers questions, send the docs to them, answer any additional questions, and then hand it off to the rep, who coordinates to get the pictures, signs up, and loaded on the websites.

The rep then takes all of the tenant calls and does the showings.

Once we get an application, it comes to me to process.

Voila!

A simple business amigo!

Nice business model, John. Where did you find your rep? Does he/she get paid hourly or per done deal? Any concerns they might try and copy your model and become your competition?

I've had reps that worked for me that were once either sellers or buyers that liked the program so much they wanted to work for me.

I'm not worried about them copying what I do, because they don't have the time or drive to start their own business, and it's far easier for them, to have me to just hand them houses and then they go take the pictures and show them.

I love the brochure mailing campaign so much I am setting up to do my own now!!

I have the content for my brochure all written out and I have been pricing a handful of companies local and web to find the best price.

These are the numbers I have right now (keep in mind this is my first mailing so my volume is lower :rolleyes:):

$398 -- Print 5,000 brochures(This is the price for up to four colors and there is no discount for black and white)

$250 -- Tabbing brochures for mailing

$648 -- Total to get 5,000 printed

$495 -- Cost to mail initial 1,500 letters with postage and printing address

This company is local and is offering to do all address printing for me and use their license for bulk mailing.

I plan to send out 1,500 letters per month starting this Friday if I decide to go with this company.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on these numbers!!

Thanks!

I am sending letters to:

Homes on the MLS over 5 months

expired listings

absentee owners

I am focusing more on a specific city that I like to work in with bread and butter homes instead of the entire county at this point.

Lynn - Yes, they will print, inkjet mailing labels, and send out for us. They are local so we will can meet up to verify our order before they are sent out.

That looks good Cole! Make it happen man!

I would suggest taking that mailing list and have another ready to go to the same addresses two weeks behind the first.

Make one of the addresses your own. That way, you not only know your mailing went out, but you know the day, so you can prepare for the phone calls to start coming in.

Lynn (FL)