The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
pilot76180

Contacted by 13 Sellers in One Day!

I will keep that in mind and send one to myself.

Having my Realtor put together my list now and I will run them against the property appraiser site for mailing address.

I am hoping to send the brochures out this Thursday or Monday at the latest depending on the turn around time of the printing company.

I will post how my results go.

Thanks!

How do you go about getting listed properties from the MLS for the mailers? Do you have a realtor do that for you, if so, how do you compensate? I really like the idea and would like to implement as well.

Cole,

Can you give us a report on your recent mailing? How many pieces went out? How many calls? How many Agreements signed? etc.

Thanks,

Lynn (FL)

I would also like to know how this focused mailing goes. Is there an automated system to get all the addresses for each category or do you have to look them all up individually ^_^ ? I think I like the mailing system better than I do Craigslist although it might take me a while to build up the money for it. Do you send out mailers marketing to buyer/tenants to apartment complexes?

I market specifically to listed sellers, so not the agents, but to the sellers.

The sellers will then contact me, I put the figures together and hypnotize them with my charm and wit, then they sign wherever I tell them..

The cost is about $400 or so for 5k brochures, if you do the brochures like I do, plus about 22 cents a piece for the bulk mail rate.

I have a lady that I send my desired target area to, and she pulls the list and crosses it to tax records..voila! labels baby!!!!

Watch the videos I have and shoot me any questions.

John,

Your lady goes through the listings and match them to the tax rolls one at a time, matching the address with the sellers name and mailing address? Can this be done directly via the MLS?

Lynn (FL)

John,

Your lady goes through the listings and match them to the tax rolls one at a time, matching the address with the sellers name and mailing address? Can this be done directly via the MLS?

Lynn (FL)

Each MLS system is different, here in MA we have MLSPIN and one of the "Tools" is the public record lookup, where you can pull up the tax info really easily. If it's not available through the MLS theres usually one or two tax assessment database companies in an area where you can pull the info up for different towns in an area. I don't know how it is in FL but I can't imagine it being much different...

John,

Lynn (FL)

Each MLS system is different, here in MA we have MLSPIN and one of the "Tools" is the public record lookup, where you can pull up the tax info really easily. If it's not available through the MLS theres usually one or two tax assessment database companies in an area where you can pull the info up for different towns in an area. I don't know how it is in FL but I can't imagine it being much different...

Here, there is a link directly to the county property information in the expired listing my agent sends me, but you then have to manually copy the owner's information to your spreadsheet/database.

Lynn (FL)

Here, there is a link directly to the county property information in the expired listing my agent sends me, but you then have to manually copy the owner's information to your spreadsheet/database.

Lynn (FL)

Great task to either outsource to a VA for a few bucks an hour, or there MIGHT be a way to automate it with software (Mozenda or something similar) ^_^

Hey John,

I love your marketing to listed properties and after I do my first deal I will definitely be doing the same. My big question is how are you getting contracts on 70% of sellers calling you. I am doing Joes 123 punch to CL and haven't seen any contracts yet. How informative is the brochure that you send out, and does it state that you keep the option deposit as your fee. I work a 60hr job so I love the idea that you close most of your deals via email and am striving to follow your foot steps.

Thanks so much for this forum

Tim

The brochure does not go into great detail about the inner workings of the deals, as that would make the seller glossy eyed.

It just states the issues sellers are facing now, and the solutions our company offers, as well as the other companies that work directly with us.

Just like if you are e-mailing to CL people, you don't want to bury them with details they don't understand, just give them somethign to reply to.

I actually really try to avoid giving much info out when they call, and I just want to get their address, e-mail, and ask what the house is listed for etc.

Sounds good pilot...I am hopeing to close my first deal soon and with the money do a brochure campaign to listed properties. Cold calling is beating me down and believe that with the brochures they are calling because they are interested so it would be more of a warm lead. Then with some more deals maybe I can afford your coaching and get my own plane.... :closedeyes:

Lynn (FL)

FASTWEB = tax records for all states and counties in the US.

Every investor should apply for access to this site. It provides tax record scrapes for all states. It even lists comparable sales based on your selected criteria. of course, these are title comps and not MLS comps.