The forums have been archived and are now read only. Years of great info saved for your reading pleasure. Thank you! Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NakedInvestor/ ×
The Naked Investor Forums
DrRE

HELP- did a CA 1yr and 2 wks ago

Last August I did a CA.

T/B is 2 weeks past getting a mortgage. Won't pay anymore.

I triple check everything I do but for some reason there is no signed lease signed by T/B.

Everything else has been signed.

Seller wants to evict, says they need the signed copy.

Whats a Herbster to do? I figured there are enough signed papers that would indicate there must have been a lease.

Herbster-

Wasn't the Lease signed between you and the seller? And then you assigned it with an Assignement agreement?

If so, do you have the assignment agreement? That is typically the only thing the tenant/buyer signs. Draw up a new lease with the old dates between you and the seller.

Also, in my state's landlord/tenant laws and in my (naked investor) agreements if the lease expires it goes into "hold over" the lease stays in effect and the tenant is still required to make the rent payments.

Herbster, do you recall having the t/b sign the lease? If so, where the heck is it? What papers do you have in your possession presently? Also, what state are you located in and have you researched the eviction process yet?

Michael, I'm in MI. and I have sent again the landlord tenant laws to the sellers in Utah. Something is terribly wrong here, I think I lost some papers. I will expand my search. Steve I agree and there may not be a problem, I'm watching the place, they may have left. Thanks, Herbster